Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm ecstatic today....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why I'm ecstatic today....

I was doing a little reflecting on the season so far today and I remember the talk after we beat the bungles on the thursday before thanksgiving. yeah we were 8-3 but looking at the toughest part of our schedule. NE, Dallas, B'more and Tenn. I remember all the chat about what we needed to do. Heck, I posted the following back on Nov 23rd regarding who to root for in the Jets/titans game:

absolutely and well done. yep, i'd love the #1 seed but that's like betting the trifecta. great if it pays off, but not likely at all. I think 11 wins gets the bye. The titans won't lose out and 3 wins in the next five will be a challenge for us. Our competition is not the Titans now, it's the jets and the ravens. let's hope favre throws 5 picks.

I think the majority of us hoped we could split those 4 games at 2-2 which would take us to 10-5 and then all we would need to do was beat the stains in the last week to secure the north and possibly get the bye.

to think that we would win the first 3 out of 4 and could possibly sweep all of them to take the #1 seed is incredible. that with 2 weeks to go in the season we can actually relax a bit knowing we have the North, the bye week and no worse than the #2 seed - is awesome. yeah, some close exciting games but this really has been a fantastic 3 weeks.

I just LOVE being a Steelers fan........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Why I'm ecstatic today....

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    I was doing a little reflecting on the season so far today and I remember the talk after we beat the bungles on the thursday before thanksgiving. yeah we were 8-3 but looking at the toughest part of our schedule. NE, Dallas, B'more and Tenn. I remember all the chat about what we needed to do. Heck, I posted the following back on Nov 23rd regarding who to root for in the Jets/titans game:

absolutely and well done. yep, i'd love the #1 seed but that's like betting the trifecta. great if it pays off, but not likely at all. I think 11 wins gets the bye. The titans won't lose out and 3 wins in the next five will be a challenge for us. Our competition is not the Titans now, it's the jets and the ravens. let's hope favre throws 5 picks.

I think the majority of us hoped we could split those 4 games at 2-2 which would take us to 10-5 and then all we would need to do was beat the stains in the last week to secure the north and possibly get the bye.

to think that we would win the first 3 out of 4 and could possibly sweep all of them to take the #1 seed is incredible. that with 2 weeks to go in the season we can actually relax a bit knowing we have the North, the bye week and no worse than the #2 seed - is awesome. yeah, some close exciting games but this really has been a fantastic 3 weeks.

being the superstitious being that i am, i tend to get nervous when people who didn't believe we'd do well start believing we'll do well.

if you doubted before the home stretch, keep doubting. don't change things up when we get this kind of momentum. don't shave. don't wash your underwear. whatever it is that you were doing, just keep it up.

lets keep doing whatever each of us was doing and keep this streak alive

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

being the superstitious being that i am, i tend to get nervous when people who didn't believe we'd do well start believing we'll do well.

if you doubted before the home stretch, keep doubting. don't change things up when we get this kind of momentum. don't shave. don't wash your underwear. whatever it is that you were doing, just keep it up.

I support the playoff beard idea, but February is a long ways away.
    You have my permission to wash your underwear before then. Ewwww....

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I support the playoff beard idea, but February is a long ways away.
    You have my permission to wash your underwear before then. Ewwww....

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's not that I didn't believe we'd do well, as a realist I understand how difficult it is to win in the NFL and while optimistic - those 4 games sure looked like a tall mountain to climb.

as to the superstition, i'm with you. I have worn exactly the same game-day clothing (all of it) since the SD game. I ain't changing nothing until early feb......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I keep picking against us in the prediction thread. That will continue.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not that I didn't believe we'd do well, as a realist I understand how difficult it is to win in the NFL and while optimistic - those 4 games sure looked like a tall mountain to climb.

as to the superstition, i'm with you. I have worn exactly the same game-day clothing (all of it) since the SD game. I ain't changing nothing until early feb......
    i hear ya.

i'm just getting nervous with all the love the Steelers are getting recently.

glad your wearing the same clothes.

i'm drinking the same beer and eating the same food on gamedays too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm estatic too, and so very proud of this team. I'm still quite nervous though. Some tough treading still lies ahead. Tennesee, maybe the colts in the playoffs, and I would dread if we had to run into the ravens again. Those teams will be tough. Heck, I think in the playoffs every team is going to be tough.

Where I stand right now, this team has already far exceeded my expectations, but I must say, I am starting to smell it !!! The schedule we had, ending up with the second, and possibly first seed, and not really a dominant team in the mix. These opportunities are very hard to come by. You never know who might not be back with us next year. Now is the time to bring this thing home, baby!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm honestly beside myself this season.

I wasn't worried about the schedule this year b/c that was based on last year. Though i still knew it would be tough.

I didn't think our defense would be this dominant.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I flew 2000 miles to watch the Steelrs play Indy and they lost. But they have won every game since. So I guess I won't be coming back east for a while!