Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    To sign him last year woulda been a bit foolish, because he was still too inconsistent to rely on. He has come into his own this year and has made himself a bit more desireable because of his deep threat capability. He's got to work on his concentration though before he can demand big money from anyone. Hopefully, we'll get him signed for at least a year or two more until Limas develops a little more.

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    nate's is becomming the best WR on the team.

    teams have to account for him as a deep threat.

    santonio does not command double coverage.
    Agreed....which begs the question...

    Is Washington a better #2 than Homes right now?

    If the answer is yes, does Washington become the 'long term' WR & not Holmes?

    Add to this- Washington has never been in trouble, Holmes...well....
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #13

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    To sign him last year woulda been a bit foolish, because he was still too inconsistent to rely on. He has come into his own this year and has made himself a bit more desireable because of his deep threat capability. He's got to work on his concentration though before he can demand big money from anyone. Hopefully, we'll get him signed for at least a year or two more until Limas develops a little more.
    i disagree - he's exactly the same WR as the 2nd half of last year... still drops an occasional catchable pass, but, makes his share of plays.

    last year, he had 5 TDs... all of which came in week 9 or later.

    the FO blew it on this one.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  4. #14

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    nate's is becomming the best WR on the team.

    teams have to account for him as a deep threat.
    Is Nate better than Hines?

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    santonio does not command double coverage.
    What does it say about our #1 draft choice if Nate is better than him and opposing defenses don't feel the need to cover Holmes?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,452

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    To sign him last year woulda been a bit foolish, because he was still too inconsistent to rely on. He has come into his own this year and has made himself a bit more desireable because of his deep threat capability. He's got to work on his concentration though before he can demand big money from anyone. Hopefully, we'll get him signed for at least a year or two more until Limas develops a little more.
    i disagree - he's exactly the same WR as the 2nd half of last year... still drops an occasional catchable pass, but, makes his share of plays.

    last year, he had 5 TDs... all of which came in week 9 or later.

    the FO blew it on this one.
    They could have got him signed last year longterm in the $1.5-$2.5 range easily. Maybe his high year $3 mil. That would have been a bargain because I think his value now is at $3 mil plus. Nate has developed and could be an 80 catch guy for many clubs. I hope he stays because Holmes, Washington, & Sweed would be a nice future.



  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,180

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    nate's is becomming the best WR on the team.

    teams have to account for him as a deep threat.

    santonio does not command double coverage.
    santonio does not command double coverage
    The reason Washington is getting open is because Holmes is commanding double teams. Teams single cover Washington because they know that there is a 50% chance he won't catch the ball. When have you ever seen Washington being covered by two defenders?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,862

    Re: NEWS: Receiver's stock is on the rise

    [quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3tl50hqe
    If the Steelers could get Hines to re-structure next year...It would be a good idea to sign Washington for the future.
    are you kidding me???
    the market will give this guy at least $3 million a year ... some shmoe might even give him a 4 yr. $15 million/yr contract just b/c they need a WR.

    It's time for Sweed to develop cuz I can't take watching Nate's ups and downs.
    $8.5 MIL
    That's Ward's cap number next year. He is still playing at a high level but he won't be playing at that number next year. So...What will happen? Let's hope he restructures. He has another year or two left in him...But not at a $6 mil plus WR. Washington should be in the future plans of this organization because Ward is not in the long-term plan if he wants over $6 mil. Sweed is just another WR on the roster right now. Without having an answer on Sweed and Ward at the end of his career...Washington needs to be retained. If they could sign him for $3 mil a year...Bargain! You might not think it is now but you will when Ward is gone! This team paid Wilson that...Washington has proven more. Washington would equal Holmes #'s if he was a #2. I also think Washington wants to stay because he knows his time is near. I've seen many drops across the board including Holmes & Ward. Nate has made some plays...He should stay in my book! We are only 2 years away from seeing Holmes, Washington, & Sweed on top of the depth chart. It hurts not to see Wards name there but the Steelers always know when the time has come to move on. The ball is in Ward's court...I just don't know if his pride will get in the way of him retiring a Steeler. I hope he takes the "Bettis" discount!!!![/quote:3tl50hqe]

    Someone who is thinking straight. As inconsistent as Nate has been, he has equally contributed to positive game time. As the years tick by injury to Ward due to his style of play looms large. Sweed is a complete unknown and may turn out as inconsistent as Washington (he has dropped a few this year). Washington will be a bargain at $3M....but would not go much higher.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •