Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

agdci981

Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

Steelers +1 @ Tennesee. Another road game and another day as the dog!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

Was the closing line against the turds still +1?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Was the closing line against the turds still +1?
    The last time I saw the line it was at 2 1/2.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think that is great because we play better as dogs but I must say I am a bit surprised. The Titans just lost to a team with a porous defense, they are not a good passing team and I can't see them running consistently against our D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Losing to TEN might not be a bad thing.

It would knock us down a notch before the playoffs which isn't bad.

And TEN could be 1 and done (playoff teams will stop their running game) and we end up with HFA anyways.

Starter

User Info Menu

that's pretty much what i expected...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

And TEN could be 1 and done (playoff teams will stop their running game) and we end up with HFA anyways.
    I'd prefer to go into the playoffs on a winning streak like we did in '05. I never subscribed to the "good loss" theory.

NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have heard from elsewhere that home team is usually granted a 2 to 3 swing just for being the home team, so if the spread is 1 in favor of tennessee, it pretty much means Vegas thinks the Steelers will win by 1 or two. FWIW, without Hainsworth, I am REALLY confident going into the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I have heard from elsewhere that home team is usually granted a 2 to 3 swing just for being the home team, so if the spread is 1 in favor of tennessee, it pretty much means Vegas thinks the Steelers will win by 1 or two. FWIW, without Hainsworth, I am REALLY confident going into the game.

One of my best friends is a huge Titans fan. He is supremely un-confident if Haynesworth doesn't play. And from all indications, its suspected that its a MCL tear, which can't be good. MRI results forthcoming today/early tomorrow from reports.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

I'd prefer to go into the playoffs on a winning streak like we did in '05. I never subscribed to the "good loss" theory.
    at least if they lose to the titans and win obviously against the stains they will go into the playoffs with a win. i also dont think it would be a big deal if they lost to tenn. i very much doubt we will see tenn. in the playoffs. if the steelers shut down johnson and white then its a wrap