Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

  1. #1
    agdci981
    Guest

    Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Steelers +1 @ Tennesee. Another road game and another day as the dog!

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Was the closing line against the turds still +1?

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Was the closing line against the turds still +1?
    The last time I saw the line it was at 2 1/2.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    I think that is great because we play better as dogs but I must say I am a bit surprised. The Titans just lost to a team with a porous defense, they are not a good passing team and I can't see them running consistently against our D.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Losing to TEN might not be a bad thing.

    It would knock us down a notch before the playoffs which isn't bad.

    And TEN could be 1 and done (playoff teams will stop their running game) and we end up with HFA anyways.

  6. #6
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    that's pretty much what i expected...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Losing to TEN might not be a bad thing.

    It would knock us down a notch before the playoffs which isn't bad.

    And TEN could be 1 and done (playoff teams will stop their running game) and we end up with HFA anyways.
    I'd prefer to go into the playoffs on a winning streak like we did in '05. I never subscribed to the "good loss" theory.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    I have heard from elsewhere that home team is usually granted a 2 to 3 swing just for being the home team, so if the spread is 1 in favor of tennessee, it pretty much means Vegas thinks the Steelers will win by 1 or two. FWIW, without Hainsworth, I am REALLY confident going into the game.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I have heard from elsewhere that home team is usually granted a 2 to 3 swing just for being the home team, so if the spread is 1 in favor of tennessee, it pretty much means Vegas thinks the Steelers will win by 1 or two. FWIW, without Hainsworth, I am REALLY confident going into the game.

    One of my best friends is a huge Titans fan. He is supremely un-confident if Haynesworth doesn't play. And from all indications, its suspected that its a MCL tear, which can't be good. MRI results forthcoming today/early tomorrow from reports.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Open as Dogs in Tennesee...

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Losing to TEN might not be a bad thing.

    It would knock us down a notch before the playoffs which isn't bad.

    And TEN could be 1 and done (playoff teams will stop their running game) and we end up with HFA anyways.
    I'd prefer to go into the playoffs on a winning streak like we did in '05. I never subscribed to the "good loss" theory.
    at least if they lose to the titans and win obviously against the stains they will go into the playoffs with a win. i also dont think it would be a big deal if they lost to tenn. i very much doubt we will see tenn. in the playoffs. if the steelers shut down johnson and white then its a wrap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •