Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben Elway-esque

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

Quote Originally Posted by daddyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Incomprehensible
    4. No
    Now get back back to your cheerleading.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard Don Banks of SI on Fox Sports Radio this evening while driving home from work.

He said Ben certainly isn't perfect (who is) but that he is one of the most instinctual QBs he's ever seen and just wins games.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    [color=#FFBF00]Wow, this thread's getting nasty.
    mshifko is always starting trouble.
    haha you caught me jiga...starting trouble as always
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    [color=#FFBF00]Wow, this thread's getting nasty.
    mshifko is always starting trouble.
    haha you caught me jiga...starting trouble as always

BTW, the original premise...6 pages ago...was spot-on. Elway was always a beast at pulling wins out of his @$$. But, it wasn't until the Broncos supplied him with a truly manhandling OL that he begun to win SBs.

On that last comment, Ben already has him beat. And, as I have said all along, certain members of the Steelers current OL (Max Sucks) are more than welcome to make me look like a fool and play like champions if they want to become champions.

But Ben already has one SB ring in possession and he is part of a team that, so far, has not necessarily needed a manhandling OL. Not that it wouldn't benefit Ben to have such an OL, but he hasn't had that to date nor has it affected his ability to win his game's top prize.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

daddyo

Ben has nothing to work with. The running game sucks. The o-line sucks. The play
    calling sucks. Holmes and Washington drop half the balls that are thrown to them.
    Miller and Ward are the most consistent, and they've been suspect at times.

Throw any other QB in the league in Bens shoes and we are no better than .500.
    Even by groupie standards, this is an unbelievable statement. The O-line is not the machine it was when Grimm was coach but it's still no worse than others and better than most. So many times this guy has a full five seconds to find receivers (count it out if you don't believe me) and still can't do it, throwing the ball away, taking a sack or fumbling. Then the line gets blamed. Absolutely unbelievable.

On Sunday there were three different receivers he threw to who didn't turn around to see the ball coming. So I guess by an incredible coincidence, all three were too dumb to know the play. Of course, it's an impossiblity that Ben panicked or didn't even know the route himself.

And of course, Ben has no defense keeping him in the game during his comas. Yeah, he has very little to work with.

You give half the QBs in this league the tools to work with that Roethlisberger has and we'd be undefeated. The sad part is that one of those QBs is sitting on our bench.

daddyo

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    From my recollection, Jake always choked when it REALLY counted.
    ... which makes the comparison with Roethlisberger legitimate.

Banned

User Info Menu

Even by groupie standards, this is an unbelievable statement. The O-line is not the machine it was when Grimm was coach but it's still no worse than others and better than most. So many times this guy has a full five seconds to find receivers (count it out if you don't believe me) and still can't do it, throwing the ball away, taking a sack or fumbling. Then the line gets blamed. Absolutely unbelievable.

On Sunday there were three different receivers he threw to who didn't turn around to see the ball coming. So I guess by an incredible coincidence, all three were too dumb to know the play. Of course, it's an impossiblity that Ben panicked or didn't even know the route himself.

And of course, Ben has no defense keeping him in the game during his comas. Yeah, he has very little to work with.

You give half the QBs in this league the tools to work with that Roethlisberger has and we'd be undefeated. The sad part is that one of those QBs is sitting on our bench.

Starter

User Info Menu

daddyo: i would love to hear your logic on the thought that if any other QB was our guy, we'd be undefeated...please, just please tell me how we beat philly in that 3rd game of the season with leftwich?
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Backup

User Info Menu

You can't be serious...
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia

You can't be serious...
    No disrespect to lefty, but he was dropped by the Jags, the Falcons, wasn't even picked
    up by anyone until Batch went down and this joker thinks he's better then Ben.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]