Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: Big Ben Elway-esque

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    i agree... but, i'm not sure some others agree (especially with #2).

    you may be beheaded for saying so.

    Nasty? How so? I have never, nor would I ever, treat another poster of the quality of DeVille inapproriately...I may disagree...I may strongly disagree...but there is never anything other than respect for another Steeler fan...

    I went back and read what I posted previously...if there was any content that offended, I apologize unreservedly...no persecution was intended...

    If it will help, I will add smilies in the future...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  2. #72
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    i agree... but, i'm not sure some others agree (especially with #2).

    you may be beheaded for saying so.

    Nasty? How so? I have never, nor would I ever, treat another poster of the quality of DeVille inapproriately...I may disagree...I may strongly disagree...but there is never anything other than respect for another Steeler fan...

    I went back and read what I posted previously...if there was any content that offended, I apologize unreservedly...no persecution was intended...

    If it will help, I will add smilies in the future...
    absolutely agreed - we were a little heated, but, no hatred was intended. (admittedly, i get annoyed sometimes and it comes across - but, that's partly because i'm too darned busy a work to clearly type and get my point across that i may sound a little short-tempered.)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!


  3. #73
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    i agree... but, i'm not sure some others agree (especially with #2).

    you may be beheaded for saying so.

    Nasty? How so? I have never, nor would I ever, treat another poster of the quality of DeVille inapproriately...I may disagree...I may strongly disagree...but there is never anything other than respect for another Steeler fan...

    I went back and read what I posted previously...if there was any content that offended, I apologize unreservedly...no persecution was intended...

    If it will help, I will add smilies in the future...
    absolutely agreed - we were a little heated, but, no hatred was intended. (admittedly, i get annoyed sometimes and it comes across - but, that's partly because i'm too darned busy a work to clearly type and get my point across that i may sound a little short-tempered.)
    meanies

  4. #74
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    meanies
    Browns Fan!

    Ooooo...now THAT was mean....









    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  5. #75
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    i agree... but, i'm not sure some others agree (especially with #2).

    you may be beheaded for saying so.

    Nasty? How so? I have never, nor would I ever, treat another poster of the quality of DeVille inapproriately...I may disagree...I may strongly disagree...but there is never anything other than respect for another Steeler fan...

    I went back and read what I posted previously...if there was any content that offended, I apologize unreservedly...no persecution was intended...

    If it will help, I will add smilies in the future...
    absolutely agreed - we were a little heated, but, no hatred was intended. (admittedly, i get annoyed sometimes and it comes across - but, that's partly because i'm too darned busy a work to clearly type and get my point across that i may sound a little short-tempered.)
    meanies
    bite me, flippy!

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!


  6. #76
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    i agree... but, i'm not sure some others agree (especially with #2).

    you may be beheaded for saying so.

    Nasty? How so? I have never, nor would I ever, treat another poster of the quality of DeVille inapproriately...I may disagree...I may strongly disagree...but there is never anything other than respect for another Steeler fan...

    I went back and read what I posted previously...if there was any content that offended, I apologize unreservedly...no persecution was intended...

    If it will help, I will add smilies in the future...
    absolutely agreed - we were a little heated, but, no hatred was intended. (admittedly, i get annoyed sometimes and it comes across - but, that's partly because i'm too darned busy a work to clearly type and get my point across that i may sound a little short-tempered.)
    meanies
    bite me, flippy!

    What a bunch of girlie sooks you lot are.


    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

    Fix the Run Defence Mode:

    1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

  7. #77
    daddyo
    Guest

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    at this point, i'm thinking plummer esque... struggle for 3 quarters and lead the league in comeback wins....
    Well said. Put in Leftwich and we'd have a lot more boring wins that were decided midway through the third quarter.

  8. #78
    daddyo
    Guest

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyo
    You pathetic groupies are in an unfathomable dream world. Roethlisberger sucked almost beyond comprehension yesterday and sure enough, he was magnificent in your eyes.

    Step out of your alternative reality long enough to find out what Philip Rivers did at Arrowhead yesterday and think that we could have had him. Rivers led a REAL comeback because he doesn't have the greatest defensive coordinator in history on his side.

    I'm so sick of LeBeau's crew bailing this guy's sorry a$s out week after week. He even got an assist from the refs with the call in the end zone. The guy's damned near worthless. If he doesn't give half his salary to the defense, it should be taken from him by a court order and distributed to them.

    Welcome to Groupieville, where Ben's always great ... even when he sucks.
    Ben was far from manificent for most of the game. He and the rest of the players on offense came up big on the drive to win the game. He has not played consistantly well this season. Most of it is his fault and some of it falls on other players. During the last drive, I thought to myself where was this Ben all game? Was it something the Ravens did on defense? Something else? It is hard to say. We need him to play better on a consistant basis. If he does, we will win the SB this year.
    "Far from magnificent" is an understatement. "Sucked" would be a more accurate description. And it wasn't any different from his performance all year long.

    In order for us to win more than one game in the playoffs, he's going to have to change pretty quick -- and his performance in the post season doesn't hold much promise.

  9. #79
    daddyo
    Guest

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Incomprehensible
    4. No
    Now get back back to your cheerleading.

  10. #80
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

    Quote Originally Posted by daddyo
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    at this point, i'm thinking plummer esque... struggle for 3 quarters and lead the league in comeback wins....
    Well said. Put in Leftwich and we'd have a lot more boring wins that were decided midway through the third quarter.
    I'm not saying your statement is idiotic...I'm saying YOU'RE AN IDIOT!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •