Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Bottom line:

Ben is clutch...

Dilfer and Plummer were not...
    plummer was clutch in the regular season...

ben wasn't in the super bowl...
    Are you trying to imply that he wasn't clutch throughout those playoffs? We don't get that ring without him.

Your comparison to Plummer is absurd SoD and you you should be embarrassed for not recognizing the quality of quarterback we have in Roethlisberger.

This is not necessarily directed at you my friend, but those who can't see the impact of the piss-poor philosophy and suspect play-calling of one Bruce Arians, don't understand football...period. We have no consistency in our running game or pass protection and some of you guys are blind as to why. You scream execution, execution, execution and it's not that you're entirely wrong, it's that you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Ben has made some mistakes...yeah, but let any quarterback get harassed and pounded over a 14 games in the NFL and see what their decision-making looks like. Ben's has been pretty damn good considering.

I don't have a giant fathead of Roethlisberger on my wall or a place for him in my spank bank like MSM, but I appreciate the hell out of what we have at quarterback. Those of you who don't are idiots. Those who claim to share this appreciation should probably just sit back and enjoy the ride without all of the bitching.

Um, eh, ah

I second that

Rookie

User Info Menu

Plummer was VERY similar to what Ben's done this year in the regular season... you can't have one without the other. Plummer had more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB for a several year span. You need to do some homework before you criticize.
    If Plummer was so clutch in the regular season, how many playoff games did he lead the Cardinals to? On playoff appearance, one playoff win during his tenure with the Cardinals...apparently, he wasn't clutch enough...

wasn't that from the game where he had the worst QB rating for a QB EVER... from the game that FWP had already given cowher his +11 lead? that wasn't a play that needed to be made... the best pass by a steeler in that game was by ARE...
    Actually, your aren't correct...the Steelers were down 3-0 near the end of the second quarter when Ben made those plays...because of those plays, the Steelers went into halftime with a 7-3 lead...Willie Parker's historic TD run didn't happen until the 3rd quarter...you need to do some homework before you criticize...

don't get your panties in a bunch... i'm not saying ben = jake... i'm saying for this season, he's performed more like jake than elway. and he has.

i'm stoked about the team, too... but, you guys may as well be saying Nate is playing like Jerry Rice - cuz he's clutch.
    My panties aren't in a bunch at all sir...perhaps you should pay more attention to de-bunching your own panties...

Mike Tomlin said it best:

"Seven delivered," said an emotional Mike Tomlin of his Elway. "He's done it time and time again. A lot's been said of our offensive struggles, but when we need a play, when we have to move it, we have. Against San Diego, last weekend [against Dallas], and now today."
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plummer was VERY similar to what Ben's done this year in the regular season... you can't have one without the other. Plummer had more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB for a several year span. You need to do some homework before you criticize.
    If Plummer was so clutch in the regular season, how many playoff games did he lead the Cardinals to? On playoff appearance, one playoff win during his tenure with the Cardinals...apparently, he wasn't clutch enough...
    umm... HUH?

you do realize that reg season and playoffs are 2 different things, right?

wasn't that from the game where he had the worst QB rating for a QB EVER... from the game that FWP had already given cowher his +11 lead? that wasn't a play that needed to be made... the best pass by a steeler in that game was by ARE...
    Actually, your aren't correct...the Steelers were down 3-0 near the end of the second quarter when Ben made those plays...because of those plays, the Steelers went into halftime with a 7-3 lead...Willie Parker's historic TD run didn't happen until the 3rd quarter...you need to do some homework before you criticize...

don't get your panties in a bunch... i'm not saying ben = jake... i'm saying for this season, he's performed more like jake than elway. and he has.

i'm stoked about the team, too... but, you guys may as well be saying Nate is playing like Jerry Rice - cuz he's clutch.
    My panties aren't in a bunch at all sir...perhaps you should pay more attention to de-bunching your own panties...

Mike Tomlin said it best:

"Seven delivered," said an emotional Mike Tomlin of his Elway. "He's done it time and time again. A lot's been said of our offensive struggles, but when we need a play, when we have to move it, we have. Against San Diego, last weekend [against Dallas], and now today."
    you're right. he's perfect. no point in bothering if you're not going to listen.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an ass, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    i agree... but, i'm not sure some others agree (especially with #2).

you may be beheaded for saying so.

DeVille's final Mock

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow, this thread's getting nasty. Can we all agree that 1. Ben has great comeback ability, 2. Ben has struggled this year, 3. BA is an bad word, but execution isn't his fault, and 4. We all love Ben even when our frustration in him shows a bit. Sound good? Excellent, on to the Super Bowl, with Big Ben at the helm (of the offense).
    Amen, my black and gold brother!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's on both sides of the spectrum, which i think is the ultimate frustration some of us have with him. I don't think it diminishes our belief or trust, but when you can suck so bad at times but make up for it with huge comeback ability and look like a pro bowler at times, I am all for it. As long as the good outweighs the bad, then who freakin cares. He wins!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[color=#FFBF00]Wow, this thread's getting nasty.
    mshifko is always starting trouble.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

umm... HUH?

you do realize that reg season and playoffs are 2 different things, right?
    Yes, sir...I am...the fact that the Cardinals were unable to make it to the playoffs more than one time under Jake Plummer was the point, though...

you're right. he's perfect. no point in bothering if you're not going to listen.
    I never said that he was perfect. I said that he was clutch.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

He's on both sides of the spectrum, which i think is the ultimate frustration some of us have with him. I don't think it diminishes our belief or trust, but when you can suck so bad at times but make up for it with huge comeback ability and look like a pro bowler at times, I am all for it. As long as the good outweighs the bad, then who freakin cares. He wins!
    you are absolutely right. nothing i've said disagrees with that.

DeVille's final Mock