Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben Elway-esque

Starter

Big Ben Elway-esque

now i was only a few months old when elway completed "the drive" in cleveland but i've seen clips and big ben's demeanor in the clutch is elway-esque...

ben is a big elway fan, the reason why he wears no. 7, but you know what? ben is equally great at the come from behind win, a trademark of elway's...ben has beaten these rats 2 times this season in come from behind fashion...plus he's had numerous come from behind wins in his career...

92 yard game winning drive, going 9-11 for 89 yards and the game winning touchdown...does it get any better than this? big ben is clutch and as steelers fans we should be proud to have such a great QB
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Re: Big Ben Elway-esque

You are dead on shif.

I can't fathom how anyone can actuallly call for benching him which we've seen throughout the year...even as recently as today. Its a joke.

I had full confidence he could move the ball (read: EVEN THOUGH WE DIDN'T DO IT ALL DAY!)

I just know he will try his hardest to win it, and his track record speaks for itself.

to Ben and team
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

this guy is a beast and puts nothing but heart in every play. he is worth every penny he is paid and later will probably be seen as better tha elway. ben is clutch and has been since his rookie year. every other teams can keep thier bradys, mannings, favres, and romos. I will be happy to keep big, strong, ben.

Sorry if I offend you Shiek, but sometimes Ben has played very poorly. I am not saying it is all on him. I will admit that I get upset when so many scoring opportunities are squandered by this offense. Our D deserves most credit than anything else on this team, they constantly put this team in a position to win. Ben deserves great credit to come from behind and lead us to victory in cardiac kid fashion. I only hope that he doesn't lose that bit of majic before the big dance.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Sorry if I offend you Shiek, but sometimes Ben has played very poorly. I am not saying it is all on him. I will admit that I get upset when so many scoring opportunities are squandered by this offense. Our D deserves most credit than anything else on this team, they constantly put this team in a position to win. Ben deserves great credit to come from behind and lead us to victory in cardiac kid fashion. I only hope that he doesn't lose that bit of majic before the big dance.
    I agree with you Jooser....

Yes, I am a Ben fan and a homer beyond that.... And I get really ticked when "all cylinders" aren't firing properly... The D is what has garnered our overall record for us... Yes, Ben has been able to come from behind and pull-out some fantastic wins in "Elway fashion".... But the question has to be, why was this necessary so often?... Because the offense faltered earlier in the game at various points. ... I know that there are probably several different positions to view this, but this is just mine.... I think we have a Super Bowl caliber defense, but our offense is inconsistent and sporadic at best.... #1 ranked defense and #23 ranked offense.... Not sure how well it can merge in the playoffs, but I'm behind them either way....

Thanks NK. Don't misunderstand me, I think Ben is truly capable of awsome things. He is a Steeler QB if ever there was one. My first name is Ben, I have a 'Steelers Man-Cave' here at the house, so what do you think my family buys me to put all around my room? Hell yeah, Big Ben stuff! And I love it! If I appear to be too critical of Ben then it's only because I know how much better he is capable of playing as he's shown so many times in the past. If our D had not been playing to such an incredible level this season, then all the late drives in the world would not have kept us competitive this season. This O has got to suck it up and get better throughout the game, and I for one am looking forward to the day when that happens, because it will suck if you're on the other team! Here's to hoping it happens in the playoffs!

I have said it before. There have been a few QBs in the history of this game that just win. Elway, Montana, Farve, Bradshaw, Ben, and others. He just has "it". Romo doesn't seem to. Palmer is devoid of it. You just have it or not.

Ben has it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

at this point, i'm thinking plummer esque... struggle for 3 quarters and lead the league in comeback wins....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

I'm still optimistic that Ben and the O will spark their best play of the year and roll through playoffs. I can dream, can't I.......

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    at this point, i'm thinking plummer esque... struggle for 3 quarters and lead the league in comeback wins....
    Ben only struggles because our o-line is miserable, Plummer was consistantly inconsistant.
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.