Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers make it the Big Dance....

Backup

Re: If the Steelers make it the Big Dance....

My wife's aunt and family live near Daytona. Would LOVE to go but money's the issue of course. If they get to the AFC Champs game, who knows. Keep us posted.

(of course I could just go with the band)
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

Starter

that's an enticing offer...

put me down for a yes for now
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

I live about 45 minutes south of the stadium and could handle a little of the overflow crowd if the timeshare is scored by AS. It's a small crib, so bring your sleepingbag.
    Seriously, if even just a few of you make the trip, I'm headed to Tampa to soak in the atmosphere and raise some beers.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

I live a few hours away from detroit and my wife wanted me to go up there for the super bowl weekend in 05. I just couldn't bring myself to do it with all the hassels of the crowds, cost of the trip and such. Honestly, I was going to be such a basketcase come kickoff that I just wanted to be in my own house with no one within striking distance.

Hall of Famer

I would not. I have young kids (one of whom likes the STeelers). I'd share that moment here with him.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

I'll be in Reno at the Silver Legacy poised to collect the money I put on the Steelers prior to the start of the season.
    "There were several reasons and instances where the faint of heart would have let go of the rope." - Mike Tomlin -

Uu uuuuuu!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by BDESteel
    I'll be in Reno at the Silver Legacy poised to collect the money I put on the Steelers prior to the start of the season.
    Hopefully you put more than 2...I mean 20...cents down on them!

Quote Originally Posted by BDESteel
    Is thaaatttt right, I'll be at Cal Neva getting my money. Maybe we can meet in the middle and have a beer.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    I went to Detroit and had a freakin blast...even with not going to the game...
    I did the same, just jumped in the car and drove from the 'burgh. I wish I would have flown after dealing with the weather on the drive back.

But I told myself after I was unable to score tickets that werent' grossly overpriced that If the steelers made the superbowl I would get tickets at any cost. So I am been putting some cash away in an account the wife knows nothing about.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    would you make the trip down to Tampa even if you couldn't score tickets... just to absorb the SB atmosphere?
    Well, there are a few spots in Daytona that I'd like to see again... And the state of Florida is just a "jumpseat" away....