Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Playoffs a Near Certainty

[quote=stlrz d][quote=Flasteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":a3j57gos
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":a3j57gos

I knew a lot of that stuff already.

Remember, I lived there for 8 months! I'll leave it for you to post since I still have friends there (some of them are even Steelers fans) and I don't want to disrespect them.
    I lived in Maryland for about 6 months in 1999. It was the first time I was ever robbed.
    Really? Wow!

I never once felt threatened and I went everywhere on my own.

Sorry to hear man.
    I was never mugged...I was robbed. My pickup got broken into and all of my tools were stolen along with some other stuff. I went to some pretty seedy places in D.C. on my own (and was on very high alert), but I never ventured into Baltimore outside of driving from the airport.[/quote:a3j57gos]

Gotcha. I had an incident where a guy tried to steal my bike out of the back of my truck but it was cable locked to the bed...no dice.

I saw him doing it and yelled out the window at him. It was kind of eerie that he calmly climbed out of the back of the truck, looked up at me, closed the cap, put up the liftgate and slowly walked away.[/quote:a3j57gos]

Man, that reminds me of a story with a guy trying to actually steal my truck. I was in bed and heard my neighbor shouting something, so I looked out the window to see this guy apparently trying to start my truck with a screwdriver. I jumped out of bed and headed down the steps just as the guy was peeling off on foot towards the beach. I saw the guy go onto the beach as I gave chase, then relized I was in my underwear and nothing else. So I quickly ran back to my house and put on some shorts and flops, then went to get him. I found a guy passed out on the beach and couldn't tell if it was him or not, so I grabbed him by the shirt and started screaming at him and could tell he was obviously f-ed up. I couldn't bring myself to smash his face in without knowing if he was the actual thief, so I took one of his shoes and told him I was going to check the prints in the sand around my vehicle; if they matched I was going to brain him.

Needless to say I couldn't find any matching prints and when I went back for the guy five or ten minutes later, he was gone...with one missing shoe.

Oddly enough it was the same truck, but the guy only slightly damaged my steering column and didn't get away with anything.

Starter

User Info Menu

2) Baltimore is the 2nd Best Place in the nation for lesbians to live
    Where is #1, and do you have any video to support this or were you just shot down in the bar a couple of times?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

FLA -

Legend

User Info Menu

I realize that no one has or should have an appetite for anything less than a division title, but unless we lose the rest of our games, we'll at least earn a ticket to the dance. Based on conference record, we win tie-breakers with Miami, New York, and New England (also got them on head to head) even if they win out. If we operate on the assumption that the home game against a Ken Dorsey-led Cleveland team is a guaranteed win, then we're in no matter what. The two seed is locked up with a win next week and we can still get it with a loss if we win the following week against the Titans even if Baltimore wins all their remaining games (remember the Stains are being counted as a win).

I hope I'm not playing the role of Captain Obvious here, but I've been a little pensive about not making it it due to some freakish happenings down the stretch. I now have no worries at all and feel very comfortable that we'll earn a bye week with a win in the next two weeks.
    i don't think that highlited part reads right... sounds like you're saying we could still gret it with a loss... ie, we could lose to balt, beat Tenn, then lose to cleveland and still have 2 seed... that's not true. not if balt wins out
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    I realize that no one has or should have an appetite for anything less than a division title, but unless we lose the rest of our games, we'll at least earn a ticket to the dance. Based on conference record, we win tie-breakers with Miami, New York, and New England (also got them on head to head) even if they win out. If we operate on the assumption that the home game against a Ken Dorsey-led Cleveland team is a guaranteed win, then we're in no matter what. The two seed is locked up with a win next week and we can still get it with a loss if we win the following week against the Titans even if Baltimore wins all their remaining games (remember the Stains are being counted as a win).

I hope I'm not playing the role of Captain Obvious here, but I've been a little pensive about not making it it due to some freakish happenings down the stretch. I now have no worries at all and feel very comfortable that we'll earn a bye week with a win in the next two weeks.
    i don't think that highlited part reads right... sounds like you're saying we could still gret it with a loss... ie, we could lose to balt, beat Tenn, then lose to cleveland and still have 2 seed... that's not true. not if balt wins out
    SoD...dude...right there in the sentence I stated that Cleveland was being counted as a win. All we have to do is win one ADDITIONAL game between Crackmore or Tenessee to lock up the 2 seed.

C'mon Man!

Legend

User Info Menu

SoD...dude...right there in the sentence I stated that Cleveland was being counted as a win. All we have to do is win one ADDITIONAL game between Crackmore or Tenessee to lock up the 2 seed.

C'mon Man!
    Better watch yourself SoD...if you wake up with only one shoe tomorrow, you'll know who the culprit is.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man, that reminds me of a story with a guy trying to actually steal my truck. I was in bed and heard my neighbor shouting something, so I looked out the window to see this guy apparently trying to start my truck with a screwdriver. I jumped out of bed and headed down the steps just as the guy was peeling off on foot towards the beach. I saw the guy go onto the beach as I gave chase, then relized I was in my underwear and nothing else. So I quickly ran back to my house and put on some shorts and flops, then went to get him. I found a guy passed out on the beach and couldn't tell if it was him or not, so I grabbed him by the shirt and started screaming at him and could tell he was obviously f-ed up. I couldn't bring myself to smash his face in without knowing if he was the actual thief, so I took one of his shoes and told him I was going to check the prints in the sand around my vehicle; if they matched I was going to brain him.

Needless to say I couldn't find any matching prints and when I went back for the guy five or ten minutes later, he was gone...with one missing shoe.

Oddly enough it was the same truck, but the guy only slightly damaged my steering column and didn't get away with anything.
    That reminds me of a time this sorry cornhole tried to steal my bike. It was a total hunk of crap so I never locked it but some loser tried to make off with it anyway. Since I was only in the student union to drop off an envelope, I caught him red handed and he tried to pedal away. Too bad i chased him down before he got any speed and worse that the bike had no brakes. He tried to brake and get off at the same time...in front of about 300 people by the river in the middle of campus. After he crashed, he was so sorry looking, all bloody on the pavement, that I just picked up my bike and left him there. Figured that was punishment enough.

I will say this...if we happen to lose to Balt and Ten, I will definately be sweating the Cleveland game.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

C'mon Man!
    it read strange to me... i dunno. "we could get it with a win against Tennessee" sounds like you're blowing off the cleveland game... i know, i know, you turn around and say it... and trust me, i'm by no means the grammar police... but, i had to read it like 4 times...

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

C'mon Man!
    Better watch yourself SoD...if you wake up with only one shoe tomorrow, you'll know who the culprit is.
    as long as he doesn't try to pee in it or anything...

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

2) Baltimore is the 2nd Best Place in the nation for lesbians to live (Baltimore SUN, 2001)
    This one makes Baltimore sound kinda nice.

You sure you didn't leave out some key word like ugly?