Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs a Near Certainty

Hall of Famer

Re: Playoffs a Near Certainty

I see you have achieved zen. I feel great after yesterdays big win also, although it was looking grim for a while. After reading your analysis, I have no fear finishing out the season. I didnt realize we were so close to clinching a playoff berth. IMO, Count us at 12-4 with a bye week at the worst.

I believe Tennessee is officially afraid of us. Baltimore will never be but we are going to beat Tennessee hands down.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I knew a lot of that stuff already.

Remember, I lived there for 8 months! I'll leave it for you to post since I still have friends there (some of them are even Steelers fans) and I don't want to disrespect them.
    I lived in Maryland for about 6 months in 1999. It was the first time I was ever robbed.
    Really? Wow!

I never once felt threatened and I went everywhere on my own.

Sorry to hear man.

Hall of Famer

Wow! Talk about counting your chickens....after the offensive display yesterday and the No. 2 and 3 defenses coming up, how you call the playoffs a near certainty is beyond me. If we had some semblence of a decent running game I would be a lot more comfortable, but teams that have been successful against us have shut off the run, gotten a lead, and go after Ben with vengeance. You may call the Cleveland game a sure win, but I have seen too many 'sure wins' this season that have not gone that way...Cleveland-Giants game anyone? Special teams may be huge the next couple of weekends and the good thing is Reed has been money for the most part (did miss a tough one yesterday though). I hope the Berger's leg holds out to handle punting duties, he could be a busy boy this weekend.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Wow! Talk about counting your chickens....after the offensive display yesterday and the No. 2 and 3 defenses coming up, how you call the playoffs a near certainty is beyond me. If we had some semblence of a decent running game I would be a lot more comfortable, but teams that have been successful against us have shut off the run, gotten a lead, and go after Ben with vengeance. You may call the Cleveland game a sure win, but I have seen too many 'sure wins' this season that have not gone that way...Cleveland-Giants game anyone? Special teams may be huge the next couple of weekends and the good thing is Reed has been money for the most part (did miss a tough one yesterday though). I hope the Berger's leg holds out to handle punting duties, he could be a busy boy this weekend.
    You need to drink your kool-aid brother. I reject your Browns/Giants arguement as the Browns have had their signature win for the season and will be anticipating BBQ in the backyard by the time the Steelers roll over them on the way to the Super Bowl.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

The question is not whether Ben will wear a glove on his throwing hand during the game in Baltimore. The question is whether Ben will wear a full body condom from the moment he gets off the plane in Baltimore to prevent contracting syphilis, gonorrhea, hepatitis, or AIDS from any random member of their obviously diseased population.

We don't need to read an injury report after this game that says Nate Washington is probable with chlamydia, Keyaron Fox is questionable with scabies, and Matt Spaeth is doubtful with genital warts.

Legend

I'll run naked from Green Bay to Pittsburgh and back if a Ken Dorsey led Browns teams beats the Steelers.

You don't want to see that

Of course all bets are off if the game means nothing for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Dude, even if we do lose both of the next two games there is no way we lose to Cleveland at home with the playoffs on the line. Ken Dorsey has the arm of an average high school quarterback and he'll be facing the most ferocious defense in the league. The offense is what has lead to some of my trepidation, but as long as all it takes to get in is one more win (we could still back in and lose every game), I'm pretty confident we could do it if it came down to beating Cleveland. If you're not, then I don't know what to say other than you are a card-carrying pessimist.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I see you have achieved zen. I feel great after yesterdays big win also, although it was looking grim for a while. After reading your analysis, I have no fear finishing out the season. I didnt realize we were so close to clinching a playoff berth. IMO, Count us at 12-4 with a bye week at the worst.

I believe Tennessee is officially afraid of us. Baltimore will never be but we are going to beat Tennessee hands down.
    Yeah, I tend to get caught up in the emotion of the game and have known to be overly critical at points. Our defense is too good to not like our chances.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1v6fi6du

Remember, I lived there for 8 months! I'll leave it for you to post since I still have friends there (some of them are even Steelers fans) and I don't want to disrespect them.
    I lived in Maryland for about 6 months in 1999. It was the first time I was ever robbed.
    Really? Wow!

Sorry to hear man.[/quote:1v6fi6du]

I was never mugged...I was robbed. My pickup got broken into and all of my tools were stolen along with some other stuff. I went to some pretty seedy places in D.C. on my own (and was on very high alert), but I never ventured into Baltimore outside of driving from the airport.

Legend

[quote=Flasteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1ybooz8c

Really? Wow!

Sorry to hear man.
    I was never mugged...I was robbed. My pickup got broken into and all of my tools were stolen along with some other stuff. I went to some pretty seedy places in D.C. on my own (and was on very high alert), but I never ventured into Baltimore outside of driving from the airport.[/quote:1ybooz8c]

Gotcha. I had an incident where a guy tried to steal my bike out of the back of my truck but it was cable locked to the bed...no dice.

I saw him doing it and yelled out the window at him. It was kind of eerie that he calmly climbed out of the back of the truck, looked up at me, closed the cap, put up the liftgate and slowly walked away.