Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 Seed in AFC

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: #1 Seed in AFC

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    ... They'd be playing simply to decide where they would play should their paths cross again in the AFC Championship game.
    IMHO....an important consideration. I don't think ANY team would rather play on the road instead of home. Just the travel time and the ability to practice on your own field is a big benefit.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    ... They'd be playing simply to decide where they would play should their paths cross again in the AFC Championship game.
    IMHO....an important consideration. I don't think ANY team would rather play on the road instead of home. Just the travel time and the ability to practice on your own field is a big benefit.
    Oh, absolutely. I agree totally. I just think it would be an oddity for two teams to play each other after sewing up the top 2 seeds in their conference. We shall meet again...we will now find out where that will be.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

I would think our players would want to be on the road. There is something about beating a team in their own house that really gets a team up.

Looking at our AFCCG's at home... I think even the Rooneys would give up the concession for a SB trip.

Banned

User Info Menu

Oh, absolutely. I agree totally. I just think it would be an oddity for two teams to play each other after sewing up the top 2 seeds in their conference. We shall meet again...we will now find out where that will be.
    Unfortunately I don't think the #1 and #2 teams will play each other in the AFCCG.. rarely does the #1 and #2 advance. I could see the Titans getting knocked out their first game. AFC is all about the upset in the playoffs... That's why I don't want that #1 seed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Anyone think we have a shot at the #1 seed in the AFC?
    i been saying it... we win out, beat Tennessee, and Indy will also beat them... Homefield is ours.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Anyone think we have a shot at the #1 seed in the AFC?
    i been saying it... we win out, beat Tennessee, and Indy will also beat them... Homefield is ours.
    I agree with everyone saying they don't want the #1 seed and homefield. That's not to say I want to see the Steelers lose that opportunity, but I want the Titans to only lose against us so they take it.

Titans beating Indy is a good thing. That team is streaky and keeping them out of the playoffs is a good thing. If it is between the Colts and Ravens getting in though, let the Colts in by all means. Ideally I want the Jets, Pats, and Dolphins all in because they had an easy road this season and are the worst teams with a chance to get in.

Steelers in the playoffs on the road > Steelers in the playoffs at home, IMO.

Ballbuster

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Steelers in the playoffs on the road > Steelers in the playoffs at home, IMO.
    And I thought message forums were full of nonsense and drivel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Disagree. You want teams to have to come to Heinz Field in January. Cold, mud, snow, whatever. Although we were road warriors back in '05, and the Giants accomplished the same feat last year, the most direct path to the Super Bowl is through your own house.
    (Besides, I also want to be able to attend as many playoffs games as I can )
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.