Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: iKE....

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Do you guys know what the hands waving in the face means after Ike makes a play?

    Is it just, "IN YOUR FACE!"??

    Of all people, my mom-in-law noticed him doing it, asked me what it meant and I was a little embarassed that I didn't know
    Stan talked about this with Ike on his Wednesday show one week. It means "Face me." His website is http://www.facemeike.com, so it is kind of alolong those lines I guess
    Thanks!

  2. #12
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Out with the chickens...
    Posts
    642

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I've been critical of Ike a bit this year. Especially with the tipped balls that I felt he should have caught. Anyway, got to give him some credit for a great int yesterday and for pretty much taking TO out of the game. TO's td was on the d-line. Way too much time for Romo back there.
    Agreed on Ike's hands being his biggest improvment, but...

    Ditto, on the time romo had back there on that play, I came
    off the couch screaming: "Somebody's gonna get free!!!!
    Get him!!!! Get him!!!!"

    If Ike's looking for the ball on that last twist and turn before
    TO catches it I swear he at least bats it down...great coverage
    otherwise for that to be TO's first catch of the game.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

    "18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,127

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Do you guys know what the hands waving in the face means after Ike makes a play?

    Is it just, "IN YOUR FACE!"??

    Of all people, my mom-in-law noticed him doing it, asked me what it meant and I was a little embarassed that I didn't know
    Stan talked about this with Ike on his Wednesday show one week. It means "Face me." His website is http://www.facemeike.com, so it is kind of alolong those lines I guess
    A wrestler does that waving thing.. John Cesna or something or other.. a lot of players in college do it as well...

    he stole it, it's not original

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: iKE....

    The TD to Owens was one of the few chess plays LeBeau lost yesterday (he certainly made up for it with the D called on the Townsend int.). If you notice we only sent 3 rushing the QB (I believe both Woodley and Harrison dropped into coverage, leaving rushing to lesser types.) The DL got no pressure whatsoever on Romo and he pretty much had enough time for coffee and the morning paper back there. Ike appeared have Owens covered for most of the play but Owens broke free at the last moment.

    I can overlook Ike's bad hands if he is there to break up passes all day and he has been Mr. Reliable covering the best WRs in the league. Guaranteed if Ike was a FA next season the Steelers wouldn't be able to touch the money he would be offered. That's how much the rest of the league thinks of him.

  5. #15

    Re: iKE....

    uhh, Ike is not having a pro-bowl season. You do remember him passing volleyball-style two TD's, one which cost us a win vs. Indy right?

    Ike is an excellent tackler, and a good cover corner with great speed... but this year, like every other year he's played professional ball, shows us that he's not elite. how many INT's has he dropped, where troy picks up passes that the best receivers in the game couldn't snag?

    I'm sorry to beat the dead horse every season, but until he turns into a real threat to take the ball away, he's not in the "elite" category.

    with harrison, woodley, hampton, troy, Farrior, and smith playing at such a high level... doubt he's getting the nod.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    uhh, Ike is not having a pro-bowl season. You do remember him passing volleyball-style two TD's, one which cost us a win vs. Indy right?

    Ike is an excellent tackler, and a good cover corner with great speed... but this year, like every other year he's played professional ball, shows us that he's not elite. how many INT's has he dropped, where troy picks up passes that the best receivers in the game couldn't snag?

    I'm sorry to beat the dead horse every season, but until he turns into a real threat to take the ball away, he's not in the "elite" category.

    with harrison, woodley, hampton, troy, Farrior, and smith playing at such a high level... doubt he's getting the nod.
    Amazing. Ike has played every defensive snap for the last 2 yrs against the other team's top WRs and you pick out 2 plays to say he is not elite? .....and I thought I had high standards.

  7. #17

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    uhh, Ike is not having a pro-bowl season. You do remember him passing volleyball-style two TD's, one which cost us a win vs. Indy right?

    Ike is an excellent tackler, and a good cover corner with great speed... but this year, like every other year he's played professional ball, shows us that he's not elite. how many INT's has he dropped, where troy picks up passes that the best receivers in the game couldn't snag?

    I'm sorry to beat the dead horse every season, but until he turns into a real threat to take the ball away, he's not in the "elite" category.

    with harrison, woodley, hampton, troy, Farrior, and smith playing at such a high level... doubt he's getting the nod.
    Amazing. Ike has played every defensive snap for the last 2 yrs against the other team's top WRs and you pick out 2 plays to say he is not elite? .....and I thought I had high standards.
    If you think there are only 2 plays over the last two years that keep him out of the elite category, i'm not watching the same team you are.

    I continue to say that Ike is a very good cover corner, but it's painfully obvious he isn't an elite defensive back.

    Troy is elite, they aren't even in the same area code as far as talent.
    sorry.

  8. #18

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Gay played great.

    Gay is the reason BMac wont return next year...that and the HUGE contract he'll sign somewhere
    I triple that. Gay's been a pleasant surprise.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 25:17
    Ike's been playing good ball. He won't make the Pro Bowl because he doesn't have the stats, particularly, the INTs.

    That said, he's our shut down corner, and is the best we've had at that position since Rod.
    Here here........
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: iKE....

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    uhh, Ike is not having a pro-bowl season. You do remember him passing volleyball-style two TD's, one which cost us a win vs. Indy right?

    Ike is an excellent tackler, and a good cover corner with great speed... but this year, like every other year he's played professional ball, shows us that he's not elite. how many INT's has he dropped, where troy picks up passes that the best receivers in the game couldn't snag?

    I'm sorry to beat the dead horse every season, but until he turns into a real threat to take the ball away, he's not in the "elite" category.

    with harrison, woodley, hampton, troy, Farrior, and smith playing at such a high level... doubt he's getting the nod.

    SteelCity, I see your points, if Ike made those catches, he's all pro but I have to disagree with you in essense. Ike gets the other teams best guy most of the time and then proceeds to take him out of the game. How many times during Chad Johnson's best years was he man-handled by Ike Taylor? Moss one week and TO the next? That's a corner back nightmare waiting to happen right there and between the two of them they get one touchdown and less that 90 yards receiving. For a team that no one runs on, that's pretty darn good and Ike seems to be able to stick guys for a long time on top of all of that. Oh yeah and he plays the run support awfully well.

    When I look around the league, I just don't see many corners that are a great deal better than Ike Taylor for what we ask him to do. I'm a total homer, I know and I've watched this raw kid out of Louisiana Lafayette since he was drafted and I've always rooted for him since we drafted him so I'm probably a little more than just a bit biased here.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •