Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observations from yesterday

Re: Observations from yesterday

am i the only who loves Joe Buck, to me him and Troy work great together.

To those who thought that the announcers leaned too much towards the Cowboys, that is what you should expect. Not because you had Aikman announcing his former team, but because you had Fox covering the game.

Fox covers the NFC, and to them everything comes from an NFC perspective, it is how they generate their revenue. The only time you can really mention bias is when the game is on NFLN, ESPN or NBC. Those three networks don't follow either conference specifically, so you expect more balanced coverage from them - although Madden always shows his NFC roots when he covers inter-conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Re: Aikman, he didn't seem overly biased yesterday. I was just irritated with the game in general, and hence, I wasn't in the opinion to hear Troy talking about it.

I've never been a fan of Joe Buck. And after the World Series, where he pretty openly rooted against the Phillies (yes, I am a Phillies fan), I've disliked him even more. So, perhaps unfairly, Aikman gets wrapped up in my disllike of all things related to Joe Buck.
    Wow, there is another Steeler-Phillies fan out there! People think I'm crazy, but I grew up about half way in between Pitt and Philly....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Troy Aikman is my favorite announcer. He explainsd what he sees in layman's terms and is rarely biased. I have no issue with anything he said yesterday. The Dallas defense did take it to the Steeler offense, the Steeler defense was outstanding as billed and his analysis of plays was very good.

He even mentioned that Ike had TO covered for 5 or 6 seconds and that maintining that coverage for that long is nearly impossible. And, questioned why Lebeau would drop both Woodley and Harrison into coverage and that was a fair question.

I enjoy any broadcast that Aikman is part of.

Pappy
    I am with you. I actaully like Aikman as an announcer -- even though he is a bit "bland". He is clear and I don't think he shows bias.
    Agreed, Aikman is one of the better announcers on the tube. He knows the game and shares plenty of insights. I found nothing biased in his announcing. I also like Joe Buck's style of calling games. Fox's announcers are lightyears ahead of CBS'.

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    1. Ryan Clark! Thought he had a great game and to me he is sorta the unsung hero of the D.
    That Ryan Clark is an "unsung hero" speaks more to the talent on this D than it does to him. He is a very solid player and we learned his full value - along with the value of fellow unsing hero Aaron Smith - last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    am i the only who loves Joe Buck, to me him and Troy work great together.
    No, you're not the only one. I like that tandem as well and enjoy listening to their broadcasts.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    1. Ryan Clark! Thought he had a great game and to me he is sorta the unsung hero of the D.
    That Ryan Clark is an "unsung hero" speaks more to the talent on this D than it does to him. He is a very solid player and we learned his full value - along with the value of fellow unsing hero Aaron Smith - last year.

Logic in excess, my friend. Excellent.