Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am Officially WRONG!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I am Officially WRONG!

my take was "a range" ... but, the low side was a 9-7, with a high of 11-5.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I think I said 16-0. Yeah, I'm sure I said 16-0. So I'll end up being a lot closer than most of the doom-and-gloomers.

Here we go Steelers, Here we go!!!
    I'm right there with you at 16-0.

Hopefully the SuperBowl portion of my prediction holds true.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Yeah, I similarily said 10-6 with a possible 9-7 which would win the division.

We still have two very tough opponents on the road. Even if we lose those 2, though I predict losing only one of those (felons), we should be able to slide into the post season on an upswing w/ a W against the sh!tstains (assuming the felons don't win out and/or we have the tiebreaker)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I said either 12-4, 13-3, or 14-2...

I honestly can't remember which, but that's pretty much what I pick every year.

It is what it is.

GJ mannin up, adg.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I said 11-5 or 12-4! Looks like that is where it will be....although I would take 13-3, it is a possibility! This team is finding ways to win, no matter what it takes. If the Steelers don't turn the ball over then they don't lose....plain as that!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

When the schedule came out people had every right to say 9-7. That was a realistic record given the schedule on paper. Sure we all know injuries and the NFL parity would come into play but even so... who expected our D to be this gangster?

As long as we win the TO battle I don't see how we lose.

I don't want to play TN in Pittsburgh though... I would much rather face them on the road.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    When the schedule came out people had every right to say 9-7. That was a realistic record given the schedule on paper. Sure we all know injuries and the NFL parity would come into play but even so... who expected our D to be this gangster?

As long as we win the TO battle I don't see how we lose.

I don't want to play TN in Pittsburgh though... I would much rather face them on the road.
    Okay, that's it!!! I've officially had enough of TO. In another thread, I complained about using the TO abbreviation for "time out" the day after the game against Terrell Owens and the Cowboys, and now you are using it for "turnover" as well. I realize yesterday was his birthday and all (and we gave him a most unpleasant 35th ), but, please, I beg you...no more TO!!! After that schmuck took those letters as his nickname, we should retire them from our everyday use if it can be avoided.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

There seems to be a lot of 11 & 12 win predictions on here.

So- where are the posters that kept saying this was the toughest schedule in the history of man & that the Steelers would be lucky to break even? Where are they?

Oh, that's right. They stopped posting...

Not sure what Chadman predicted except that he is CERTAIN he said the RAVENS were the biggest challenge to the Steelers, not the Browns as many predicted.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Many of us that were predicting 8 and 9 win seasons are still posting, we're just not mentioning our before season predictions.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    ...Chadman...is CERTAIN he said the RAVENS were the biggest challenge to the Steelers, not the Browns as many predicted.
    Hmmmmm. I wish I could pull up that trib division prediction thread 'cause I know for sure I was one of the few that picked the ravens to finish 2nd while, as you mentioned, the majority bought into to browns hype

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    Many of us that were predicting 8 and 9 win seasons are still posting, we're just not mentioning our before season predictions.
    I ate my crow in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Yeah, I similarily said 10-6 with a possible 9-7 which would win the division.

We still have two very tough opponents on the road. Even if we lose those 2, though I predict losing only one of those (felons), we should be able to slide into the post season on an upswing w/ a W against the sh!tstains (assuming the felons don't win out and/or we have the tiebreaker)