Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Nate Washington

Where are the haters tonight? He came up big on that last offensive TD drive, don't you think?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Nate Washington

I'm thinking the haters are living in the past or committed to an opinion based in the past.
    Nate has stepped up well this year, matured as receivers tend to do so in their 3rd year or so. He's been big for us repeatedly.

Same will happen with Sweed. Give him time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

Same will happen with Sweed. Give him time.

Word!

Legend

User Info Menu

Nate showed me something on the play he got hurt on. Took a minute to make sure it was nothing serious and then popped up with some fire! A lot of people have been down on Nate for his drops but he also has some clutch catches as well. You could do a lot worse in this league for a 3rd WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nate is improving this year and justifying the hype about his athletic ability.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Ezekiel 25:17

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Nate showed me something on the play he got hurt on. Took a minute to make sure it was nothing serious and then popped up with some fire! A lot of people have been down on Nate for his drops but he also has some clutch catches as well. You could do a lot worse in this league for a 3rd WR.
    Did he come back into the game? The replay didn't look pretty, but it was good to see him go off the field as he did.

As for the Haters, they disbursed when the Trib board fizzled.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was a HUGE Nate backer til this year.

Nate just doesn't have "natural" pass catching ability. Especially w/ a defender on him. Can he make plays, sure ... i give him credit for that ... but at the end of the day, I can't justify giving this guy a starters contract at the end of the season.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe

Nate just doesn't have "natural" pass catching ability. Especially w/ a defender on him. Can he make plays, sure ... i give him credit for that ... but at the end of the day, I can't justify giving this guy a starters contract at the end of the season.
    Sid, I agree that Nate can make some big plays, but he has to prove he can be more consistent before the Steelers pay him starter money. He really came up big today on the last drive and I was really glad to see him make those catches. MAYBE that can be the confidence boost he needs to become a consistent threat. We definitely need someone because Hines has not been playing well at all lately....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe

I can for a few reasons:

One, he's making plays and still learning
    Two, he now has experience in this offense, the grass isn't always greener.
    Three, he is forcing teams to account for him deep and if they don't he can make them pay.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nate=

Killed us with drops early on but comes up huuuuge in the end. Gosh he's so up and down. I like him still..

EDIT...oops! Wrong picture~!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285