Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Nate Washington

  1. #21

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    meanwhile....

    Santonio had another drop...

    (hines did, too, but, I've been arguing that Santonio was more concerning to me than Nate - some disagreed).
    But Santonio came up huge with the 47 yard bomb, the 35 yard punt return, and the sideline catch in the red zone in which he kept both feet in bounds after Ben escaped a Cowboy sack.
    That doesn't mean the drop didn't happen.

    There have been quite a few games where Nate makes plays, then gets a drop and all people remember is the drop.

    People forgive Santonio for his drops. They don't forgive Nate. I'm not sure why.

    I've argued that for most of this season.

    (I'm convinced Santonio has more drops than Nate).
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: Nate Washington

    I like Nate, but he does not catch contested balls well at all. He has little strength in his arms and hands to secure the jump ball when a back is hammering at him.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  3. #23
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,811

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While Nate is getting better he still does not make tough catches in traffic where he has to outfight the DB for the ball. I'm not sure if that is just learning to position your body or getting stronger but most of his successful catches he seems to have to be wide open.

    I also don't think that he will be viewed by the league in the off season as anything more than a #3 receiver. No way he gets starter money.
    Which Steeler receiver makes plays in traffic? I don't mean catching a ball in the middle and getting rocked, they all do that, including Nate. I mean goes up and out battles a DB for the ball like TO. None of the Steeler WRs do that very well, hopefully, Sweed will be that guy very soon.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  4. #24

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While Nate is getting better he still does not make tough catches in traffic where he has to outfight the DB for the ball. I'm not sure if that is just learning to position your body or getting stronger but most of his successful catches he seems to have to be wide open.

    I also don't think that he will be viewed by the league in the off season as anything more than a #3 receiver. No way he gets starter money.
    Which Steeler receiver makes plays in traffic? I don't mean catching a ball in the middle and getting rocked, they all do that, including Nate. I mean goes up and out battles a DB for the ball like TO. None of the Steeler WRs do that very well, hopefully, Sweed will be that guy very soon.

    Pappy
    receivers are human, too... it's ahrd to catch a ball if a couple of 225 lb men are trying to prevent it. MOST WRs don't make catches in traffic.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  5. #25
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,811

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While Nate is getting better he still does not make tough catches in traffic where he has to outfight the DB for the ball. I'm not sure if that is just learning to position your body or getting stronger but most of his successful catches he seems to have to be wide open.

    I also don't think that he will be viewed by the league in the off season as anything more than a #3 receiver. No way he gets starter money.
    Which Steeler receiver makes plays in traffic? I don't mean catching a ball in the middle and getting rocked, they all do that, including Nate. I mean goes up and out battles a DB for the ball like TO. None of the Steeler WRs do that very well, hopefully, Sweed will be that guy very soon.

    Pappy
    receivers are human, too... it's ahrd to catch a ball if a couple of 225 lb men are trying to prevent it. MOST WRs don't make catches in traffic.
    That's my point, I like Nate and his ability to get open recently. Teams are finding out that it's not difficult for him to get behind them and yesterday I saw Ben actually throw one before Nate was open down the sideline. A little bit farther out in front of Nate and he could have potentially caught it, as it was, the DB was able to wait and get a hand in to knock it away.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  6. #26

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While Nate is getting better he still does not make tough catches in traffic where he has to outfight the DB for the ball. I'm not sure if that is just learning to position your body or getting stronger but most of his successful catches he seems to have to be wide open.

    I also don't think that he will be viewed by the league in the off season as anything more than a #3 receiver. No way he gets starter money.
    Which Steeler receiver makes plays in traffic? I don't mean catching a ball in the middle and getting rocked, they all do that, including Nate. I mean goes up and out battles a DB for the ball like TO. None of the Steeler WRs do that very well, hopefully, Sweed will be that guy very soon.

    Pappy
    receivers are human, too... it's ahrd to catch a ball if a couple of 225 lb men are trying to prevent it. MOST WRs don't make catches in traffic.
    That's my point, I like Nate and his ability to get open recently. Teams are finding out that it's not difficult for him to get behind them and yesterday I saw Ben actually throw one before Nate was open down the sideline. A little bit farther out in front of Nate and he could have potentially caught it, as it was, the DB was able to wait and get a hand in to knock it away.

    Pappy
    agree with you, pap...

    Not that Nate hasn't had any drops, he certainly has (as all WRs do). But, why is it that people hate him when he does it?
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,430

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille

    Not that Nate hasn't had any drops, he certainly has (as all WRs do). But, why is it that people hate him when he does it?
    Because he's from Tiffin and most people think he doesn't even belong on the field.
    So a drop here and there justifies their thinking.

    What about Holmes? He has way to many drops for a first round pick, but I don't think
    he gets bashed as much as Nate.

  8. #28
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,811

    Re: Nate Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While Nate is getting better he still does not make tough catches in traffic where he has to outfight the DB for the ball. I'm not sure if that is just learning to position your body or getting stronger but most of his successful catches he seems to have to be wide open.

    I also don't think that he will be viewed by the league in the off season as anything more than a #3 receiver. No way he gets starter money.
    Which Steeler receiver makes plays in traffic? I don't mean catching a ball in the middle and getting rocked, they all do that, including Nate. I mean goes up and out battles a DB for the ball like TO. None of the Steeler WRs do that very well, hopefully, Sweed will be that guy very soon.

    Pappy
    receivers are human, too... it's ahrd to catch a ball if a couple of 225 lb men are trying to prevent it. MOST WRs don't make catches in traffic.
    That's my point, I like Nate and his ability to get open recently. Teams are finding out that it's not difficult for him to get behind them and yesterday I saw Ben actually throw one before Nate was open down the sideline. A little bit farther out in front of Nate and he could have potentially caught it, as it was, the DB was able to wait and get a hand in to knock it away.

    Pappy
    agree with you, pap...

    Not that Nate hasn't had any drops, he certainly has (as all WRs do). But, why is it that people hate him when he does it?
    I'm not sure, typically, Steeler fans love the underdog, Rocky Bleier, Merrill Hoge, etc. I'm not sure why the hate for Nate. I continue to hope that the Steelers can get a deal done with him for another 4 or 5 years. He's had a longer learning curve, but, I believe it's startgin to pay off. I'd hate to lose the ROI on him by sending him packing.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,841

    Re: Nate Washington

    everyone has to have a player they hate and Nate is ours.. dude could catch 6 TD's in one game but let Nate drop a 5 yard out on 1st down... that is all the haters will talk about.

    makes no sense... Ward and Holmes have dropped twice as many passes but Nates drop will always be the one remembered cause of how he started his career here.

    Same with Mendenhall...he is already known as "injury prone fumblehall" LOL!!

    first impressions.. I'm just glad we are fans and not coaches..

    Timmons would be gone..
    Nate.. gone
    Troy P.. gone

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Nate Washington

    I think noone can deny he drops alot of easy ones. But, ya know, so do some of the best, most overpaid WRs in the league. I have to agree he's a good 3rd WR option who has made more 'Big Plays' this year than Santokio or Hines. He is definitely improving and I like his speed. Just get some stick um Nate!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •