Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

[quote=Big Kahuna Burgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mr.pittsburgh":vdfsrxg9

winningest qb in his first 5 years and numberous game winning drives/game tying drives? Guess any old qb could do that. Look at the company he is in, he is elite pal.

Yeah, all those wins were all Ben , huh MSM ? I don't give a damn whether our QB is considered elite or not, I want the team to be elite, and we need a better performance out of the QB than we got today to win in the playoffs.[/quote:vdfsrxg9]

You're right though. While Ben came up big, it'd be nice to see them have some consistency...the DEFENSE deserves a consistent performance out of the offense for crying out loud. This offense better buy coffee and donuts every morning for the next 8 weeks for the defense!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Big Kahuna Burgher][quote="mr.pittsburgh":wonhr23p]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Big Kahuna Burgher":wonhr23p
    This Defense was elite today, Ben was pretty average, didn't see an elite performance out of him today, if so, the game would have been a blowout, without the DeShea pick there would be no talk of Ben having an Elite game.

blowout??? How about the fact that we played a really good defense today. Ben's 4th quarter seperates him from the average.[/quote:wonhr23p]

Please, there were so many missed opportunities left out there by the offense it was ridiculous, Dallas's defense is far from elite. It took one of the best defensive performances of the year to win this game, Ben was average at best today, the Steelers defense was elite.[/quote:wonhr23p]

This game should have been over in the first half; 4 turnovers and 3 points is an unacceptable result for the offense.

And, the offensive line played well again in the pass game, but, couldn't get much going with the running game. Speaking of the running game, I think Arians is going to have to pick either Parker or Moore and make them the feature back and use the other sparingly. They both are appearing to be rhythm runners and splitting the time isn't allowing wither back to get into a rhythm.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is good but still struggles with parts of his game. He was very frustrating to watch at some points during this game. His release is slow enough that he was not able to throw the ball away on a couple of plays. On the otherhand, he made a few plays by holding the ball longer than he should have. And he is not getting alot of help from the OL against blitzing Ds.

I think the D should get credit for as much as 25% of Ben's winning percentage. The others are on Ben's arm.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    This game should have been over in the first half; 4 turnovers and 3 points is an unacceptable result for the offense.

And, the offensive line played well again in the pass game, but, couldn't get much going with the running game. Speaking of the running game, I think Arians is going to have to pick either Parker or Moore and make them the feature back and use the other sparingly. They both are appearing to be rhythm runners and splitting the time isn't allowing wither back to get into a rhythm.

Pappy
    True about the game should have been over. True Ben came up big when he had to. True he didn't come up big when he didn't "have" to.

If they decide to go with one back and use the other sparingly, we have to hope at this point that it's Moore that gets the nod. Willie is awesome, but he needs a fullback to lead his way. Moore reminds me more and more of John L. Williams.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

mr.pittsburgh

[quote=Big Kahuna Burgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mr.pittsburgh":5cjfhvcc

winningest qb in his first 5 years and numberous game winning drives/game tying drives? Guess any old qb could do that. Look at the company he is in, he is elite pal.

Yeah, all those wins were all Ben , huh MSM ? I don't give a damn whether our QB is considered elite or not, I want the team to be elite, and we need a better performance out of the QB than we got today to win in the playoffs.[/quote:5cjfhvcc]

hmmmm.... 10-3.....Not an elite team??? Tell me, who would you put in that category over us??? Giants and who???? Titans are not as good as everyone thinks, and they won't be running on our defense. Give it up, you Ben haters are a joke. Crying for Byron when Ben has one bad half. Get a clue you clown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    True about the game should have been over. True Ben came up big when he had to. True he didn't come up big when he didn't "have" to.

If they decide to go with one back and use the other sparingly, we have to hope at this point that it's Moore that gets the nod. Willie is awesome, but he needs a fullback to lead his way. Moore reminds me more and more of John L. Williams.
    I don't care which of them becomes the main back for the rest of the year I just don't think the running back by committee is working for us consistently enough. I prefer to have a running back getting the carries and getting a feel for the game.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

mr.pittsburgh

I just want KAHUNA to tell me. Who would be able to play behind this line?? Which QB would put up bigger numbers than Ben behind this **** of a line. Do not give me Manning or Brady, they would be sacked before they drop back.

Big Kahuna Burgher

[quote=mr.pittsburgh][quote="Big Kahuna Burgher":8hxmiw15]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mr.pittsburgh":8hxmiw15

Yeah, all those wins were all Ben , huh MSM ? I don't give a damn whether our QB is considered elite or not, I want the team to be elite, and we need a better performance out of the QB than we got today to win in the playoffs.[/quote:8hxmiw15]

hmmmm.... 10-3.....Not an elite team??? Tell me, who would you put in that category over us??? Giants and who???? Titans are not as good as everyone thinks, and they won't be running on our defense. Give it up, you Ben haters are a joke. Crying for Byron when Ben has one bad half. Get a clue you clown.[/quote:8hxmiw15]

You saw an elite performance by Ben, I saw an elite performance by the defense, today. A win isn't good enough if it is because of the defense for a Ben homer? Can't take it, so it is necessary to start an ignorant thread calling an average performance by Ben elite? I never posted anything about Leftwich.

If Ben and the offense don't step it up, we will be one and done, if we even make the playoffs, but at least we can still say Ben has the most wins for his first 5 years in the league still, after all that is all that really matters, huh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Look, I was hating on Ben big-time in this game and he has definitely struggled at times this season. But the facts are that no quarterback has won more games in his first five years and no quarterback has more 4th quarter comebacks since Ben has stepped on a field. The guy is a winner...period.

mr.pittsburgh

[quote=Big Kahuna Burgher][quote="mr.pittsburgh":2ukkzgx0][quote="Big Kahuna Burgher":2ukkzgx0]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mr.pittsburgh":2ukkzgx0

Yeah, all those wins were all Ben , huh MSM ? I don't give a damn whether our QB is considered elite or not, I want the team to be elite, and we need a better performance out of the QB than we got today to win in the playoffs.[/quote:2ukkzgx0]

hmmmm.... 10-3.....Not an elite team??? Tell me, who would you put in that category over us??? Giants and who???? Titans are not as good as everyone thinks, and they won't be running on our defense. Give it up, you Ben haters are a joke. Crying for Byron when Ben has one bad half. Get a clue you clown.[/quote:2ukkzgx0]

You saw an elite performance by Ben, I saw an elite performance by the defense, today. A win isn't good enough if it is because of the defense for a Ben homer? Can't take it, so it is necessary to start an ignorant thread calling an average performance by Ben elite? I never posted anything about Leftwich.

If Ben and the offense don't step it up, we will be one and done, if we even make the playoffs, but at least we can still say Ben has the most wins for his first 5 years in the league still, after all that is all that really matters, huh.[/quote:2ukkzgx0]

please, tell me when I said our defense wasn't elite??? I never stated that. We have a great defense, easily the best in years. We also have one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL right now. If it weren't for ben getting blindsided, or heath fumbling that ball, he would have put up huge numbers on the day. Not to mention the drops. But oh well, I guess you aren't enjoying these last few games then. Have a good one.