Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    I will NEVER understand why if you critisize Ben, even when he plays bad, you ar ea Ben Hater... Utter ridiculousness.

Ben flat out sucked in the first half yesterday. And there were no sacks in the 1/2 half and he had tons of time.

He played well on one drive - the only TD drive of the day.

Without the defene the team losses yesterday, no doubt about it.

yeah, he played so bad in the first half . Seriously, some of you need to watch the game again if you are going to criticize. There were at least 4 dropped balls, a fumble, no running game in the first half. Of course he is going to struggle without a running game. How about when we come out in 5 wide??? Obviously they know we are going to pass the ball. Too bad BA is too much of an idiot to come out under center on 2nd and 3 or 3rd and 2. Ben had some great throws in the first half that weren't caught. He was pressured all night, and forced to step up in the pocket and run for his life because Willie Colon is horrible.
    mr.pittsburgh, I am neither a Ben Hater nor a joke. Name calling isn't tolerated here very well by the mods. We have our opinions of what we saw yesterday and have every right to express them. The fact of the matter is our defense and two good special teams plays set us up with excellent field position all day. Ben produced one touchdown and that's basically it. Skippy connected on two FGs, but as was previously stated, the field position was there thanks to our defense. Ben makes some outstanding plays, no doubt. Is he elite, in some aspects I concede that he is. Is there work to do in some areas, definitely. He can be very frustrating sometimes, but I also realize the so is our running game and the blocking has issues as well. But, as one poster stated, Ben had all kinds of time in the first half. We produced 3 points. Call what you want, but I'll take the win and I do think that Ben is a winner. A win is a win. On to Baltimore, a tough challenge for any QB without doubt.

Feel free to defend Ben and I respect the fact that you love him, I do too despite what you may think. You're opinion is always welcome in my book, just keep it civil like.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

For those that say Ben held the ball too long, could you see if the receivers were covered? Would you rather have Ben just throw it away and give up all of the big plays that come from his improvisation?

The Cowboys are a bad matcup for our o-line. Our offense will continue to struggle against teams with a good to great (Cowboys being great) pass rush. Get used to it.

Another AS masterpiece.

mr.pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    I will NEVER understand why if you critisize Ben, even when he plays bad, you ar ea Ben Hater... Utter ridiculousness.

Ben flat out sucked in the first half yesterday. And there were no sacks in the 1/2 half and he had tons of time.

yeah, he played so bad in the first half . Seriously, some of you need to watch the game again if you are going to criticize. There were at least 4 dropped balls, a fumble, no running game in the first half. Of course he is going to struggle without a running game. How about when we come out in 5 wide??? Obviously they know we are going to pass the ball. Too bad BA is too much of an idiot to come out under center on 2nd and 3 or 3rd and 2. Ben had some great throws in the first half that weren't caught. He was pressured all night, and forced to step up in the pocket and run for his life because Willie Colon is horrible.
    mr.pittsburgh, I am neither a Ben Hater nor a joke. Name calling isn't tolerated here very well by the mods. We have our opinions of what we saw yesterday and have every right to express them. The fact of the matter is our defense and two good special teams plays set us up with excellent field position all day. Ben produced one touchdown and that's basically it. Skippy connected on two FGs, but as was previously stated, the field position was there thanks to our defense. Ben makes some outstanding plays, no doubt. Is he elite, in some aspects I concede that he is. Is there work to do in some areas, definitely. He can be very frustrating sometimes, but I also realize the so is our running game and the blocking has issues as well. But, as one poster stated, Ben had all kinds of time in the first half. We produced 3 points. Call what you want, but I'll take the win and I do think that Ben is a winner. A win is a win. On to Baltimore, a tough challenge for any QB without doubt.

Feel free to defend Ben and I respect the fact that you love him, I do too despite what you may think. You're opinion is always welcome in my book, just keep it civil like.

I know what you are saying, but the fact is that the Cowboys have such a good pass rush, Ben can't get outside and throw the ball away. He made a GOOD decision to take the sack in the 3rd quarter when Dallas challenged. If he would have tried to throw it away, he would have been stripped and the game would be over. He is elite, and I would take maybe 2 QB's over him, and none of them would be Eli Manning or Drew Brees...

Legend

User Info Menu

Did ben have even ONE bad play in your mind? Just one? No sacks int he first Q and he had time. There were drops but there were a lot of bad throws as well. If you're going to give Ben ALL the credit for the late game drive then doesn't he have to get some of the blame for being unable to score even 1 TD after getting the ball from the defense on the Dallas 47, 45, 22 yard lines and the Pittsburgh 41?

Nice to know you are completly unable to be objective.

mr.pittsburgh

Did ben have even ONE bad play in your mind? Just one? No sacks int he first Q and he had time. There were drops but there were a lot of bad throws as well. If you're going to give Ben ALL the credit for the late game drive then doesn't he have to get some of the blame for being unable to score even 1 TD after getting the ball from the defense on the Dallas 47, 45, 22 yard lines and the Pittsburgh 41?

No crap he had some bad plays, every great QB has bad games. Hell, Manning had a horrible first half of the season, and he is finally picking it up.

Ben had a few bad throws during the game. The pass to Ward in the 4th was a little big behind him, but Hines should catch that ball. He also fumbled away a QB sneak that would have given us a first down.

The great thing about Ben, is that he forgets the previous play, and keeps on goin. No interceptions, I repeat no interceptions is what helped this team big time because of his ability to make smart throws. Some of the sacks were because of BA. Coming out in 5 wide every play on 2nd down is not very wise.

Our Defense is obviously elite too. They are the reason that we are 10-3, but you also have to give a lot of credit to Ben for bouncing back from injuries and playing mistake free football these last few games.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=mr.pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mr.pittsburgh":1mmh3sg2

No crap he had some bad plays, every great QB has bad games. Hell, Manning had a horrible first half of the season, and he is finally picking it up.

Ben had a few bad throws during the game. The pass to Ward in the 4th was a little big behind him, but Hines should catch that ball. He also fumbled away a QB sneak that would have given us a first down.

The great thing about Ben, is that he forgets the previous play, and keeps on goin. No interceptions, I repeat no interceptions is what helped this team big time because of his ability to make smart throws. Some of the sacks were because of BA. Coming out in 5 wide every play on 2nd down is not very wise.

Our Defense is obviously elite too. They are the reason that we are 10-3, but you also have to give a lot of credit to Ben for bouncing back from injuries and playing mistake free football these last few games.[/quote:1mmh3sg2]

I've never bashed Ben as the QB. I love him as the Steelers QB and wouldn't want anyone else. That said, I think it's fair to say when he doesn't play well. And the first half yesterday was not good. Overthrown balls, skipped balls, batted down or into helmets, a fumble on a sneak, and not scoring one TD on 4 turnovers (3 in Cowboys territory) is horrendous and the QB has to shoulder some of the blame. He leads the offense and when the offense fails - and that 1st half was a dismal failure; I think it's not 'Ben bashing' to say as much.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Ghost]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mr.pittsburgh":3utx4ho7

Our Defense is obviously elite too. They are the reason that we are 10-3, but you also have to give a lot of credit to Ben for bouncing back from injuries and playing mistake free football these last few games.
    I've never bashed Ben as the QB. I love him as the Steelers QB and wouldn't want anyone else. That said, I think it's fair to say when he doesn't play well. And the first half yesterday was not good. Overthrown balls, skipped balls, batted down or into helmets, a fumble on a sneak, and not scoring one TD on 4 turnovers (3 in Cowboys territory) is horrendous and the QB has to shoulder some of the blame. He leads the offense and when the offense fails - and that 1st half was a dismal failure; I think it's not 'Ben bashing' to say as much.[/quote:3utx4ho7]

I think some of the wild throws by both qbs are a result of the strong winds.

Would you agree that most of the so called elite qbs would struggle in this offense?

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    For those that say Ben held the ball too long, could you see if the receivers were covered? Would you rather have Ben just throw it away and give up all of the big plays that come from his improvisation?

The Cowboys are a bad matcup for our o-line. Our offense will continue to struggle against teams with a good to great (Cowboys being great) pass rush. Get used to it.
    The one play where Heath got held in the 4th quarter and no PI was called. If Ben just threw it, he'd have probably got the penalty flag.

Heath and Spaeth can block and release off the line uncovered.

Spreading the WRs and running some quick slants would help. Our bunch formations take time to develop.

mr.pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

The one play where Heath got held in the 4th quarter and no PI was called. If Ben just threw it, he'd have probably got the penalty flag.

Spreading the WRs and running some quick slants would help. Our bunch formations take time to develop.

So you want Ben to throw a ball into coverage because he MIGHT get a holding call?? Are you serious??? That is a very ridiculous comment. What happens if they don't call it?? The ball could be going the other way and we would be done.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Yea, Ben should have thrown that one.

Dallas being a 3-4 defense and playing zone, I'm guessing lb's were dropping into coverage making it hard to complete those short passes. Wish I had a dvr recorder.

Another AS masterpiece.