Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

mr.pittsburgh

Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The title of "elite" is meaningless, the title of "winner" is all that matters. Let other QB have their stats, I'll take wins.
    well... usually when you are elite, you are a winner. Elite QB's find a way to win, and that is what Ben does.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna Burgher
    This Defense was elite today, Ben was pretty average, didn't see an elite performance out of him today, if so, the game would have been a blowout, without the DeShea pick there would be no talk of Ben having an Elite game.
    With no running game and weak ass o-line no other qb could do as well.
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

I feel Ben threw that deepball to Santonio (into the wind) out of anger. He just had to do it and if we don't complete that pass, we don't win this game. That changed everything.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

Ben was far from elite today. He was off target for most of the game. The hold the ball too long Ben showed up on a few plays today. He took 2 or 3 sacks as a result. He has to improve his consistancy for this offense to be more consistant.

I do not know what this team would do without the defense.

Big Kahuna Burgher

[quote=mr.pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Big Kahuna Burgher":1co22tuk
    This Defense was elite today, Ben was pretty average, didn't see an elite performance out of him today, if so, the game would have been a blowout, without the DeShea pick there would be no talk of Ben having an Elite game.

blowout??? How about the fact that we played a really good defense today. Ben's 4th quarter seperates him from the average.[/quote:1co22tuk]

Please, there were so many missed opportunities left out there by the offense it was ridiculous, Dallas's defense is far from elite. It took one of the best defensive performances of the year to win this game, Ben was average at best today, the Steelers defense was elite.

mr.pittsburgh

[quote=Big Kahuna Burgher][quote="mr.pittsburgh":141pta7k]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Big Kahuna Burgher":141pta7k

blowout??? How about the fact that we played a really good defense today. Ben's 4th quarter seperates him from the average.[/quote:141pta7k]

Please, there were so many missed opportunities left out there by the offense it was ridiculous, Dallas's defense is far from elite. It took one of the best defensive performances of the year to win this game, Ben was average at best today, the Steelers defense was elite.[/quote:141pta7k]

yet you fail to mention Holmes and Washington dropping balls, heath fumbling, and Ward looking like a tourtous running his routes.

Big Kahuna Burgher

[quote=mr.pittsburgh][quote="Big Kahuna Burgher":1aatdnb6][quote="mr.pittsburgh":1aatdnb6]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Big Kahuna Burgher":1aatdnb6

blowout??? How about the fact that we played a really good defense today. Ben's 4th quarter seperates him from the average.[/quote:1aatdnb6]

Please, there were so many missed opportunities left out there by the offense it was ridiculous, Dallas's defense is far from elite. It took one of the best defensive performances of the year to win this game, Ben was average at best today, the Steelers defense was elite.[/quote:1aatdnb6]

yet you fail to mention Holmes and Washington dropping balls, heath fumbling, and Ward looking like a tourtous running his routes.[/quote:1aatdnb6]

No, but I didn't call any of their performances elite today either, did I?

mr.pittsburgh

No, but I didn't call any of their performances elite today either, did I?[/quote]

winningest qb in his first 5 years and numberous game winning drives/game tying drives? Guess any old qb could do that. Look at the company he is in, he is elite pal.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.pittsburgh
    No, but I didn't call any of their performances elite today either, did I?

winningest qb in his first 5 years and numberous game winning drives/game tying drives? Guess any old qb could do that. Look at the company he is in, he is elite pal.[/quote]

Like the one poster said, he is elite in his own way. Nobody does it like him (...or the WIZ!). But he had his struggles today, yet came through when we needed. Some of the offensive struggles were his own doing while others had a hand in it as well. Just overall the offense basically sucks, and we need to realize it (like I did about 6 weeks ago). I've given up expecting a big offensive outburst and usually expect 1 touchdown and our defense and kicker to carry us. Anything above that is a bonus (except vs. the Bungles). And with our D, that is enough for me. We are 9-3 with those kinds of performances, so I will take it. Just think about what will happen when/if they start to click, the AFC is in trouble.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Big Kahuna Burgher

Quote Originally Posted by mr.pittsburgh

winningest qb in his first 5 years and numberous game winning drives/game tying drives? Guess any old qb could do that. Look at the company he is in, he is elite pal.

Yeah, all those wins were all Ben , huh MSM ? I don't give a damn whether our QB is considered elite or not, I want the team to be elite, and we need a better performance out of the QB than we got today to win in the playoffs.