Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

  1. #1
    mr.pittsburgh
    Guest

    Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Say what you want. A lot of the guys in the chatroom heard me saying that none of this is his fault, sure he had a few plays where he could have thrown it away, but this dude is elite. No picks, and when it matters most, Superman saves us and probably locks up the 2 seed. He should be considered in the top 5 in the league, without a doubt.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.pittsburgh
    Say what you want. A lot of the guys in the chatroom heard me saying that none of this is his fault, sure he had a few plays where he could have thrown it away, but this dude is elite. No picks, and when it matters most, Superman saves us and probably locks up the 2 seed. He should be considered in the top 5 in the league, without a doubt.
    Agreed.


    Sometimes we don't appreciate what we've got.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    I'll agree with you but add one caveat:

    Ben is elite in a different way than every other elite QB.

  4. #4
    mr.pittsburgh
    Guest

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I'll agree with you but add one caveat:

    Ben is elite in a different way than every other elite QB.

    yeah, because when it matters most, there is no other qb that you want leading your team in the 4th. Without a doubt, he is clutch.

  5. #5

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Agreed he is top five.

    His bomb to Holmes might have been the best deep ball I've seen him throw all year. Nice to see him step into a long throw from inside the pocket

  6. #6
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    At the Quarterback
    Posts
    456

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.pittsburgh
    Say what you want. A lot of the guys in the chatroom heard me saying that none of this is his fault, sure he had a few plays where he could have thrown it away, but this dude is elite. No picks, and when it matters most, Superman saves us and probably locks up the 2 seed. He should be considered in the top 5 in the league, without a doubt.
    Agreed.


    Sometimes we don't appreciate what we've got.
    Down 10 points with 7 minutes left.

    Drives for 10 points.

    When he is good...he is GREAT.

    When he is bad....he is awful.

    These are the Roethlisberger years.

    The Legend continues.....

  7. #7
    Big Kahuna Burgher
    Guest

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    This Defense was elite today, Ben was pretty average, didn't see an elite performance out of him today, if so, the game would have been a blowout, without the DeShea pick there would be no talk of Ben having an Elite game.

  8. #8
    mr.pittsburgh
    Guest

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna Burgher
    This Defense was elite today, Ben was pretty average, didn't see an elite performance out of him today, if so, the game would have been a blowout, without the DeShea pick there would be no talk of Ben having an Elite game.

    blowout??? How about the fact that we played a really good defense today. Ben's 4th quarter seperates him from the average.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    Quick- think back to the Steelers SB win...

    Ben had, by statistical standards, a poor game, but he made two plays that won Pittsburgh the Super Bowl-

    1. The throw to Hines to put the Steelers 1 yard from the End Zone- Ben was on the run, threw on the run, 3rd down & a bit...& fired it in like a laser.

    2. Ben then runs the ball in for a TD to put the game in the Steelers favour. Seattle never recover.

    End of story.

    Ben is elite.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,854

    Re: Say what you want about Ben, he is elite...

    The title of "elite" is meaningless, the title of "winner" is all that matters. Let other QB have their stats, I'll take wins.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •