Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is with mods here?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: What is with mods here?

Down with the trib BS.

The place is gone. Quit posting about it already.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442[/url]

On edit: Didn't see your post, J.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=jhansle1][quote=agdci981][quote=Iron Shiek][quote=agdci981][quote="Iron Shiek":37xjdn6j]Start a message board about Trib then. All trib all the time. Might work out.

[/quote]
    Well considering probably 95% of the posters on this site came from the Trib I think it is a relevent discussion somewhere on this site.[/quote]

Nah...not really interested in the drama as I'm sure 94% of them aren't as well. Its a Steelers/Football forum...Mods made it clear not to sway too far off those topics. Like I said, make a "Trib-talk" board...[/quote]
    Not interested in the "drama" yet you have now responded twice to my thread. [/quote]

The topics were locked for a reason. I know some may want to discuss the Trib but at this point there really isn't much to discuss.that won't result in a "war of words" which won't be tolerated here anyway. As Tomlin and Co. would say, "It is what it is". What happened over there stays over there. Everyone is given a fresh beginning over here at the Planet. ASIAN wrote an excellent post on what the expectations are and indicated the direction of PlanetSteelers:

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=2&t=3442[/url]

This topic is being relocate to the "Comments" section.

Thanks,

J[/quote:37xjdn6j]

Who are you to decide how much remains to be discussed J?

Just because you run this site doesn't give you the right to remove anything you personally don't want to discuss. If it violates your TOS by being offensive or profane or whatever your terminology is, that's fine. If it's entirely off-topic and you feel it should be moved, then that's fine as well. Locking threads that you are sick of, or you think most are sick of is NOT FINE!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Just because you run this site doesn't give you the right to remove anything you personally don't want to discuss. If it violates your TOS by being offensive or profane or whatever your terminology is, that's fine. If it's entirely off-topic and you feel it should be moved, then that's fine as well. Locking threads that you are sick of, or you think most are sick of is NOT FINE!
    Actually it does.

And honestly, there is no point in continuing to discuss the trib or the threads about the trib that were locked. The OP is upset because people made comments about him and he didn't get to respond in the thread. So he responds, the thread is locked and now someone is upset because they didn't get to respond to him. Do you see where this is going?

Thread locking is the only way to put a stop to the nonsense and every board I've ever belonged to uses it for that purpose. Why should other board members have to wade through the BS in the thread just to participate in the valid discussion that may be taking place within?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3442[/url]

the above link clearly delineates the reasons for the locked threads. You can't comment on them but please read through them. They already violate some of the formatted Code of Conduct (especially the ones highlighted in red). We are trying to keep the drama down and the following tenet highlighted in the code of conduct was already violated several times:

While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account due to:

o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member...

Please review it at your leisure. My apologies if you didn't or anyone else didn't like the move but it was a necessary recourse. You may agree or not agree with it, but that is one of the board standards and has been so since the inception of this site. Like I said in the post, there was no malice intended but it was necessary to keep harmony between the posters.

Legend

User Info Menu

In my few short months that I've been coming here, I believe that this is the first thread I've ever seen that someone has actually complained about the Mods. All this crap is why most of us left the Trib boards to begin with. There are rules here and the Mods have always done a great job in enforcing them. This is a fair community and a respectful community and my hat's off to them trying to keep it that way.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

Since the demise of the Trib, Planet Steel members worried about the influx of a rowdier crowd that would ruin the peace, tranquility and substance of this site. Then some new members show up and start bitching and moaning about the mods. I was one of those people who stayed with the Trib until the end despite the drama because it was a one stop shop for everything Steelers and it made me smarter and more informed for it (and despite being in the military, I can be adverse to change!). I totally appreciated the site for what it was and feel the same about my new home.

I am not an everyday poster, but I do read the boards 365 days a year. In fact, as I stated on the other board, I am probably the #1 lurker.

JHansler and the rest of you who run this board, thank you for creating a place where I can come and read about the Steelers 24/7. I appreciate your attempts at keeping the discussion focused on football.

<- love this avatar!

Noric

Flasteel said...

-------------------

Metamorphoses

Quote Originally Posted by agdci981
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Not sure exactly what situation you are talking about. There was an issue yesterday where posts were getting deleted but that has been resolved. If you have any questions please PM me or one of the mods.

Regards,

J
    I am talking about the Trib threads where a user calls me a "known manic depressive loser" and after other poster from the Trib pretty much rips him apart and states he wish he could reach through his computer screen and choke me. I would either like to respond to those if you are going to allow that rhetoric on this site. Not sure why we can't discuss the Trib on here either by the way....looks like all the threads about the Trib have been locked.
    I can't understand/ Nor do I completely agree with locked or deleted threads, and yet I'm inclined to believe; it's not about Trib discussion ... Perse'
    I can and do understand frustration, but agdci981; it's best to ignore those ignorant replys and take it for what it's worth, they wanted to goad you into sinking to their level.
    Forget about it and remain a level above their crap, it bothers them even more-so and they'll show themselves to be the low-life nitpickers for which they are!!
    This is For steelnavy