Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sir Prime Time...

Re: Sir Prime Time...

This game is getting all kinds of air time on radio as well. Marty Schottenheimer is on Cowherd show on ESPNradio, and he likes the Steelers to win...primarily due to homefield advantage.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    This game is getting all kinds of air time on radio as well. Marty Schottenheimer is on Cowherd show on ESPNradio, and he likes the Steelers to win...primarily due to homefield advantage.
    i think the fans will be nutz this weekend!!

playing dallas, in a game that matters, always brings out the "F' You!!" in Steelers fans.

I don't care who you are or where you live, if you're a Steeler fan, you hate the Cowboys.

If the steelers come out fast, and can force some early dallas mistakes - watch out- the stadium will go absolutely crazy!

It must be that at broadcaster school there is a manditory class called "Regergitate the stupid stuff other broadcaster say." Objectiveness? Not required.

I like Jaimie Dukes, though. He seems willing to point out the obvious.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi
    A homer is as a homer does.
    Or, after seeing your avatar, a homer is as Homer's wife does.

Former Dallas O lineman Chris Schultz does a bit on our national sports network here in Canada. He usually picks 4 games a week and is (I think) 13 games over .500 this year.

Anyways, what I like about him is that he does an actual analysis before giving his pick. I don't always agree or like his analysis, but at least he gives a reason.

His 2 main points as to why the Steelers will win:

1) Cowboys 8th rated O, Steelers top rated D.....I'll take 1 over 8.

2) Something I always harp about is strength of schedule and the fact that it always seems to be ignored by everybody (except trib posters who just claimed that we play a weak schedule). He said that this is not the Seahawks and Niners you are playing against.

FWIW I do have two fears in this game:

1) What I call "Big game let down theory". After a big emotional win a team often lets down. I don't see this happening though as the Steelers did not seem to be overly emotional about last week and I think that they realize that they were the better team going in.

2) Facing a team off the Thursday off half week. Hopefully this does not get us, but facing a rested team with extra time to gameplan is a disadvantage. It was an advantage that was rarely mentioned last week, and it is one for the Cowboys this week.

Otherwise, I believe that we are the superior team, playing at home, and we should beat this team.

Legend

He didn't have much to say except that the Deshea pick really hurt.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    This just added to the awesomeness of the victory. Is awesomeness a word??

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    This just added to the awesomeness of the victory. Is awesomeness a word??
    Actually, I was more pizzed off, since he never owned up to saying over and over again that the Cowboys would win, throwing Romo under the bus as the reason they lost (and he really threw him under, and backed over him for good measure) and defended TO for slamming his coaches publically. I guess all egomaniacs stay together.