Thread: Thank the Ravens???

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thank the Ravens???

Do you guys think we are 9-3 and as focused as we appear to be right now without the Ravens right on our azz??

Discuss:

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Thank the Ravens???

No.

But, I do think the Steelers see the Ravens improving and know they'll be in for a battle next weekend.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yes. even without the ratbirds hanging in - the steelers have their eye on the #1 seed. we beat Tenn in 3 weeks and they lose once more, the road to Tampa goes through PIT. They ARE focused.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Valid Question.

I think we do play better and more focused with a sense of urgency. And the Ravens are certainly creating one.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We did play very well down the stretch in 2005 when any loss meant missing the playoffs. It seemed to get the guys in the "one and done" frame of mind. While we aren't at the "one and done" stage as far as the playoffs are concerned, the Ravens have a far more favorable schedule over the next few weeks so we know there is minimal room for error.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will play Coach Tomlin:

The Ravens ain't got nothing to do with us. We can only control ourselves. They have no bearing on us. Our focus is the current opponent each week. We don't even pay attention to what other teams are doing...unless we are playing them in the upcoming game.

How is that. I forgot to throw in 'splash plays' and 'we just play football' somewhere in there, but oh well...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I suppose that it is good that at least one of the sorry excuses for teams from our division have a respectable record each year (Cleveland in 07, Baltimore in 06, Cincinnati in 05) to provide us with some competition that can push us to strive to improve ourselves all season long.

However, it would be perfectly fine by me if they all tied for last place with matching 2-14 records, beating only each other (or even better...since I never want to see any of those teams win...they could all have identical 0-12-4 records, tying each other and losing every other game)

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I suppose that it is good that at least one of the sorry excuses for teams from our division have a respectable record each year (Cleveland in 07, Baltimore in 06, Cincinnati in 05) to provide us with some competition that can push us to strive to improve ourselves all season long.

However, it would be perfectly fine by me if they all tied for last place with matching 2-14 records, beating only each other (or even better...since I never want to see any of those teams win...they could all have identical 0-12-4 records, tying each other and losing every other game)

I'm kind of in the opposite camp. Though I don't like the other teams in the division because they are our rivals, I want to see them do well because I want the Steelers to be kings of a strong division. I hate hearing the whole "best of the worst" junk from those who want to marginalize our success.

Legend

User Info Menu

Prediction: Ratbirds lose this weekend.

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION