Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vince Wilfork speaks on Clark's hit

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Vince Wilfork speaks on Clark's hit

Whining from one of the biggest cheap shot artists there is..

Talk is cheap

Nose tackle Vince Wilfork said on WEEI radio yesterday that leading up to Sunday's game against Pittsburgh, the Patriots saw on film Steelers safety Ryan Clark deliver blows like the one he used to level Wes Welker.

Clark blasted Welker over the middle, leaving his feet to deliver a shoulder to the head, after a Matt Cassel pass had been tipped well out of Welker's reach. Welker left the game with 2:03 left in the third quarter and did not return. Clark was penalized for unnecessary roughness.

"Of course it was a cheap one," Wilfork told the radio station during his contractually obligated appearance. "We've seen it on film all year. He's nothing special. He's nothing special. He deserved that penalty. There are a lot of times they take shots, unnecessary shots on guys.

"If you're going to sit me down and send me to the commissioner's office for me playing in between the whistles you need to sit this guy down. The same thing I got punished for is the same thing he did.

"I've been fined. I've talked to the commissioner about my play. That was unnecessary. We've seen it all the time, leading up to this game; this guy taking shots when nobody is looking, or when it's out of the play, he's taking shots."

[url="http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/12/02/trip_to_london_capital_idea/"]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... ital_idea/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Vince Wilfork speaks on Clark's hit

What a fat tub of lard he is. Stupid cheating ba$tard...STFU!

Meanwhile, Tomlin just defended Clark's hit on his weekly appearance on Sirius NFL Radio. He said Clark "did nothing wrong, but its today's NFL. We will deal with whatever comes out of it."
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

As I recall, Clark delivered the hit to Welker's chest not his head and it was with his shoulder not his helmet. That should be a completely legal hit but since it was against the NFL's "special team" it is now a big deal.

Thank God the current NFL rules did not apply against the "Steel Curtain" defense or no one could play because they would all be suspended.

This commish is ruining the NFL. It is a contact sport not soccer. That's why they wear protective equipment.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, I'm still completely confused.

There is an official NFL rule that you can't leave your feet to tackle? Or that you can't hit a receiver after the ball has been tipped?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

There is an official NFL rule that you can't leave your feet to tackle? Or that you can't hit a receiver after the ball has been tipped?

Just an unwritten rule about embarassing the Patriots.

Doesn't Rodney "Cheapshot" Harrison play for them?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    This commish is ruining the NFL. It is a contact sport not soccer. That's why they wear protective equipment.
    Hold on there, soccer IS a contact sport, believe me. I have been concussed, huge gash in my head, broken ribs three different times, and broken my leg playing soccer over 20 years. Then again, maybe that is because I play middle linebacker on defense but soccer has a lot of contact. I think you are referring to baseball or badmitton.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think there is a rule that you cant leave your feet or 'launch' yourself into the ballcarrier. Im not sure why, a tackle is a tackle. Look at what happened to Landry of the Skins when he didnt 'launch' himself into Brandon Jacobs...he got trucked down.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel

I think there is a rule that you cant leave your feet or 'launch' yourself into the ballcarrier. Im not sure why, a tackle is a tackle. Look at what happened to Landry of the Skins when he didnt 'launch' himself into Brandon Jacobs...he got trucked down.
    That is the problem with the rules they are trying to enforce--too subjective. When Troy launches himself over the OL on a run blitz like he frequently does and gets the ball carrier in the backfireld is that a penalty. No I doubt it but he clearly leaves his feet. Now it becomes the refs determining that the hit was too hard. Just ridiculous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Soccer is a contact sport.

Football is a collision sport.

Get it right.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Soccer is a contact sport.

Football is a collision sport.

Get it right.
    Ill buy that! I love them both