Thread: 1st half against (*)s - no pressure on Cassell ...

Legend

User Info Menu

1st half against (*)s - no pressure on Cassell ...

Was anyone else worried at the time? That would be an understatement for me, I was filled with the kind of depressive rage usually found only in episodes of Cold Case, CSI, and the like.

I'm embarrassed, I shouldn't have lost faith But why couldn't we hurry Cassell until the 2nd half?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 1st half against (*)s - no pressure on Cassell ...

Yeah, that was making me a bit 'itchy' last night too SanAntonio, but after thinking on it, maybe it was designed that way to keep the Pats* from adjusting at halftime. That's something that they've done well in the past. Since we were playing them so tight score-wise the first half, maybe Bad Word Lebeau was holding back a little.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think I found your answer...it comes from the thread with the post game quotes:

James Harrison said:

(On reason for additional pressure in second half)
    “They had to start passing the ball and we didn’t have to sit back and try and guess what they were doing. We just pinned our ears back and went at them.”
    Makes sense...they must've just had the D off balance during the first half and like Deebo said, it was easier when we knew the answers...I mean what was coming...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I read somewhere where we were dropping guys into zones when they went empty backfield in the first half instead of blitzing, since they noticed during their film study that NE was feasting off quick passes against empty backfield blitzes the past few weeks. In the second half, they unleashed the hounds once blood was in the water (gotta love mixed metaphors, eh?).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Me and my buddies definitely noticed. And were slightly worried. My comment at the time was that it had to be a strategic move. The purpose is to confuse them... make them not sure about what is coming next. And I believe it worked.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.