Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Caption this pic, pt Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Ravens LB: "Ray Ray, get over with your knife and cut him loose."
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

This will be one of the most obscure references probably ever posted on this board. I'm curious to see if anyone will get it!

Westbrook: Okla-HOMA!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[narrating] I wish I could tell you that Brian fought the good fight, and the Ratbirds let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but football is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - football life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Brian would show up with fresh bruises. The Ratbirds kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Brian - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

Anyone venture to guess what that is from? Its pretty fitting...ha.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

[narrating] I wish I could tell you that Brian fought the good fight, and the Ratbirds let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but football is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - football life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Brian would show up with fresh bruises. The Ratbirds kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Brian - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

I love me some shawshank references

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

I never understood something about Shawshank. Red seems to hold a pretty high stature in the prison among his fellow inmates. Since he and Andy were such close friends, why couldn't he offer the guy some protection against the Sisters?

BTW, nice job IS. Funny stuff!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

I never understood something about Shawshank. Red seems to hold a pretty high stature in the prison among his fellow inmates. Since he and Andy were such close friends, why couldn't he offer the guy some protection against the Sisters?

Red was just the "guy who could get things." I don't think he had any influence over the sodomites.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Red was just the "guy who could get things." I don't think he had any influence over the sodomites.
    True. But maybe he could have gotten Andy something to protect himself with.

Or at the very least some condoms so at least the sodomy would be safer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea, what he said. Plus, Red kind of stayed away from conflict. Still, one of my all-time favorite movies. You walk away from it saying, "Man, what a good movie"

Legend

User Info Menu

True. But maybe he could have gotten Andy something to protect himself with.

Or at the very least some condoms so at least the sodomy would be safer
    He did get him that rock hammer, though. He could have sunk that toy into somebody's skull.

Red: I'm known to locate certain things from time to time.
    Andy: I wonder if you might get me a rock-hammer.
    Red: ...What is it and why?
    Andy: What do you care?
    Red: What if it was a toothbrush? I wouldn't ask questions. I'd just quote a price. But then, a toothbrush is a non-lethal object, isn't it?
    Andy: Fair enough. A rock-hammer is about six or seven inches long. Looks like a miniature pick-axe.
    Red: Pick-axe?
    Andy: For rocks.
    Red: Rocks. (Andy flips him a sample rock) Quartz?
    Andy: (squatting down and inspecting the ground) Quartz. Here's some mica, shale, limestone.
    Red: So?
    Andy: So I'm a rock-hound. At least I was, in my old life. I'd like to be again, on a limited basis.
    Red: Or maybe you'd like to sink your toy into somebody's skull.
    Andy: No, sir. I have no enemies here.
    Red: No? Wait a while. Word gets around. The Sisters have taken quite a likin' to you, especially Boggs.
    Andy: I don't suppose it would help any if I explained to them I'm not homosexual.
    Red: Neither are they. You have to be human first. They don't qualify. Bull queers take by force. That's all they want or understand. If I were you, I'd grow eyes in the back of my head.
    Andy: Thanks for the advice.
    Red: That's free. You understand my concern.
    Andy: Well, if there's any trouble, I won't use the rock-hammer. OK?
    Red: Then I guess you wanna escape. Tunnel under the wall, maybe? (Andy laughs, when Red unintentionally guesses his real motive) Did I miss something here? What's funny?
    Andy: You'll understand when you see the rock-hammer.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.