Thread: down the stretch they come...

Legend

User Info Menu

down the stretch they come...

Being a Ky, boy, I couldn't resist the thread title.

While I realize this has been discussed some, I just had an eye opening look at the remaining schedule and it's scary. First of all, any game is "losable", even against a winless Detroit team - teams go 1-15 and 2-14... even bad teams beat SOMEBODY. Having said that:

at New_England, Dallas, at Baltimore, at Tennessee, Cleveland
    Seriously, 4 of those 5 are "losable" games. I'm not saying they WILL lose... but, they're tough games.

By comparison,
    at Cincinnati, Washington, Pittsburgh, at Dallas, at Jacksonville
    I would count Cincy as a gimmie and this year's Jax team isn't overly impressive. The other 3 are "losable".

Our team is in a kinda scary spot. B'more still has a realistic chance to catch them. Each game is now a BIG game. And by the time the Steelers go to Baltimore, it could be for all the marbles...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: down the stretch they come...

Anthony Smith gaurenteed to Chadman that the Steelers will win 4 out of 5...

Actually...

The Patriots are beatable. They are good...tough even...but they are coming up against the best defence in the NFL. How many back-up QB's can beat this defence? Not saying it's a gimme...but, if the D plays well, they'll be good enough for the win.

Dallas is, for Chadman, the toughest game in the schedule...simply because you don't know if they are turning the corner or if they'll fall in a screaming heap. Played at Heinz though...that's a bonus.

Baltimore...is always a tough game for the Steelers. It's probably a 50-50 deal at this point. The big difference is we have Ben they have Flak Jacket.

Tennessee..are not going to finish with 1 loss. They are not "THAT" good- just solid & disciplined. They are beatable- just don't let Chris Johnson run wild!

And Cleveland are falling apart.

Looks like a tough run, but at the same time, it's good to hit the playoffs having played tough games- the preparation is better than picking apart Detroit for 50+ points where none of your players are tested.

In the end, as Chadman has said since the beginning of the season after hearing the Doom & Gloom squad tell us it was the toughest schedule in the history of the universe, if the Steelers want to win the SB, they have to be better than all these teams anyway. If they can't beat them, they are not good enough.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we get 4 of the 5. Even 3 of the 5 and we win the division IMO.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

In my world, we win all of them and end up with the first seed, and NE doesn't make the playoffs at all.

Nice place, my world.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3 out of 5 win us the division, which is where I think we will end up. 2 out of 5 and we might be left out, but Baltimore has to finish very well to take advantage. Id say we are in good position 'coming down the stretch' but there is a fine line between all and nothing....
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.