Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albert Haynesworth

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Albert Haynesworth

I find Haynesworth as viable as Harrison. He is not only a penetrating 4-3 DT, but also a run stuffing power DT that occupies two blockers and frees up the LBers (a la Grady Jackson or Casey Hampton). He is as good as there is and is having a fantastic season.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wasn't saying that AH isn't a great player, but the way it went down on the show I got the impression that the only reason he took AH is because of all the hype surrounding the team.

If Silverback continues on the pace he's on and doesn't get the DMVP it will be a crime.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel
    The dope sports columist in our newsaper here in NY mentioned AH as MVP also. His stats going into the Jet game, 7 sacks lead team, 15 QB pressures (tied), "super quick off the ball and bull strong."

I must have just drank some kool aid, cause right now Harrison's stats blow AH away. Harrison has 12.5 sacks, 25 QB pressure, 2 FF and 2 Int and he makes game changing plays.

No comparison in my book, if Harrison keeps up his pace, it would be an injustice if he wasn't voted DMVP.
    There is a pretty significant difference between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DT, though, so it is difficult to compare stats for players at those two positions straight up. You have to admit that Haynesworth is perhaps the top interior d-lineman in the game today. Albert wouldn't necessarily get my vote for defensive player of the year, but he's most definitely in the conversation, no doubt.
    Agreed, of course you can't count stats to compare the two. Take a look at Casey. Even all those years when he was at the top of his game - and the league - as a force in the middle, his best season he had only 2 sacks. Now, of course the 3-4 NT is different than the 4-3 DT, but there is more similarities than there is between a 4-3 DT and a 3-4 OLB.

Haynesworth is the leader on the #2 D, and the #1 team in the league. He is having a great year. To deny this is blindness. However, there is as much to say about the leader of the league's #1 D. IMO Harrison is having the better year, but could find some difficulty winning the award. His biggest problem is Troy. The two of them could easily split votes with another candidate sliding in between them for the win. It could be AH, but it could also be Porter (I don't think so, I see his performance falling off a bit down the stretch), or Ware (also a very good year, but on a bad D).

As of right now those are probably your top 5, but remember, still 5 games to go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I wasn't saying that AH isn't a great player, but the way it went down on the show I got the impression that the only reason he took AH is because of all the hype surrounding the team.

If Silverback continues on the pace he's on and doesn't get the DMVP it will be a crime.
    It will probably come down to who's team goes the farthest into the playoffs.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think Polamalu should beat out Harrison. Don't get me wrong, Harrison is a beast and definitely deserving of the reward, but Polamalu is playing lights-out right now.

Polamalu makes plays that most NFL players simply don't have the athleticism or ability to make. That one-handed interception is a perfect example. That was simply a ridiculous play and maybe the best catch of the year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Davis had better check his closet before he nods off to slumber land tonight, hard to tell who may be in there waiting for him (just ask the boogie man). And by the way, if Elway had blacked out, he may have cracked the cockpit canopy with his teeth, so thank god for that.

Harrison definitely has my vote for DMVP. Haynesworth is playing very well, but JH is an unstoppable force in the pass rush. If he as a weakness, it's that he over persues sometimes and misses tackles on RBs (something field turf may help with, the slippage and all ). Please noone tell him I said that!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION