Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think - Moore as MVP?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What do you think - Moore as MVP?

I think this guy has a legit shot at it. He came in as a 3rd string and substituted wonderfully when Parker and Mendy went down. Even more, he's helped spark the RB receiving game that has been sorely lacking from our playbook.

You could argue others such as Ben, Troy, Harrison, or Woodley, but I think no guy has stepped up as much and made as much of an individual difference as Moore has.

What do you think?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: What do you think - Moore as MVP?

sorry, no chance. It's either james harrison or Troy at this point.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

is it possible they change the ROY award to "newcomer of the year"?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

As much as I admire what he has done, I vote first for Harrison. He has single-handedly changed the outcome of some of our close games. The SD game comes to mind as the most recent. Mewelde has been big this season, no doubt about it - but James has been HUGE. I do think that the dump off option that Moore has brought to the table has helped out our OL as well as Big Ben, so a definite thumbs up there!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only way this might happen if Parker's injury keeps him out or with limited action for the remainder of the season and Moore gets us to the Super Bowl. But I think this team's engine is the defense and I have to agree with my compadres that it will be either Harrison or Polamalu.

Legend

User Info Menu

It definitely should be a defensive player...but who?

Harrison was team MVP last year, and he matched last year's sack total in this SIXTH game this season! He should set the team record for sacks in a season (if Woodley doesn't catch him first, that is!) You can't deny this guy's impact, even in terms of pure intimidation.

Troy has shown the superhuman ability that we haven't seen in the past few seasons when he was dealing with nagging injuries. A couple of "did he really catch that?!?!" interceptions, a backwards tackle?!?!, and enough closing speed to make plays anywhere on the field.

Woodley was the one major change to the defense (becoming the Kevin Greene to James Harrison's Greg Lloyd), and his double digit sacks, plus 3 fumble recoveries and an interception has truly made a difference in forging a defense that is #1 in overall yards, #1 in rushing yards, #1 in passing yards, and #1 in scoring.

And that is not even getting into the importance a healthy Aaron Smith has had on the overall defense, the return of Ryan Clark from his splenectomy, the always rock-solid leader of the defense James Farrior, and how Ike has handled the other team's best WR's on a regular basis even when BMac and Deshea have been out for extended periods.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hartwig anyone??? Came in and filled our BIGGEST hole. Its taken a while for the o-line to gel, but they're no longer THAT bad.

OK, it was just a thought. Moore has definitely come in and done great. But I don't think MVP should be about "stepping it up". I think it should be about doing your job and doing it great. No one on the team has done that like Troy and Harrison. Since James got it last year, I'm going with Troy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    is it possible they change the ROY award to "newcomer of the year"?

Why? You got somethin' 'gainst Limas?

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I vote for Jack Lambert #3 James Harrison
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I vote for Jack Lambert #3 James Harrison
    who was #2?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington