Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think - Moore as MVP?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: What do you think - Moore as MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I vote for Jack Lambert #3 James Harrison
    who was #2?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Brett Favre is not the first player to flirt with retirement and then come back and play.

Jack Lambert played for the Steelers for 10 years. It was awesome. Then he retired. Turf toe he said. Yeah, right. Like that would slow him down.

After a few years off, he was inspired by the movie "Soul Man" starring C. Thomas Howell, and came back to the Steelers as "Greg Lloyd" for 10 more years. It was awesome. Then he retired. Torn patella tendon and staph infection he said. Yeah, right. Like that would slow him down.

After a few more years off, he was further inspired by the movie "Face/Off" starring Nicholas Cage and John Travolta, and came back to the Steelers yet again as "James Harrison." It is awesome.

Sure he is having a good season, but imagine what Harrison could do if he weren't a 56 year old white guy who dyed his skin black and then cut his own face off and replaced it with another.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I vote for Jack Lambert #3 James Harrison
    who was #2?
    I'm gonna say Lloyd.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

who was #2?

Brian St. Pierre.

Moore as team MVP????

Look, I'm happy with what he is doing, and he is a valuable player, but he doesn't crack my top 5.

#1 - Harrison
    #2 - Troy
    #3 - Ike
    #4 - Farrior
    #5 - Woodley

Harrison and Troy are going to get votes for DPOY leaguewide. Moore is nowhere near that staus.

He will be anywhere in my next 4 with Hines, Hartwig, and Aaron Smith.

However, he does get consideration for Offensive POY.

What? No votes for Skippy?

<a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Starter

i agree, mvp should be on the defensive side of the ball, again this season.

I'm going to go against the grain here-

personally i think there are three, maybe four players on D- that w/o - the team would seriously struggle.

-Harrison
    -Woodley
    -Polamalu
    -Farrior

Harrison is self explanatory
    as is Polamalu

but Woodley- well, with him out of the lineup, you can be rest assured that #92 does not make nearly the impact he has.
    and Farrior, what other player on this team could fill his spot- to even a fraction of the level? with the possible exception of harrison - the answer is none.

I am going with #51.

Each is having an incredible season in their own right, but Harrison and Woodley feed off of each other.
    Troy is as unique a player as there is in the league, but minus the speed / versatility, i think this D could plug in several other players as SS- and still succeed.

James Farrior is the only player on this Defense that cant be replaced. He is versatile enough to cover play the pass well, and leads the team in tackles.

I dont think he will necessarily get the vote, but i'd like to see him get some credit for how important he is to this team.

Pro Bowler

Allow me to explain my reasoning for choosing Moore:

Harrison has been a beast no doubt, but one could argue he wouldn't be as effective without Woodley on the other side. Don't forget that Woodley is not far behind Harrison in sacks. Plus, he was picked last year.

As far as Moore, he came in as a 3rd string RB and out performed many of our expectations while running behind a line that's been less than spectacular. He also sparked the RB receiving game that previously had barely even been there. One could argue his presence has helped Ben take less sacks than he normally would.

The only other person I could see for that spot is Troy Polamalu, because he has been a freak of nature thus far this year. But IMO when you weigh in expectations along with performance and importance to the O or D, I think Moore has the upper hand.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Nup...this guy...

For making all the knob-heads that said this franchise was a joke for letting Faneca leave eat crow....the o-line has suffered no worse with Kemo in there.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Nup...this guy...

For making all the knob-heads that said this franchise was a joke for letting Faneca leave eat crow....the o-line has suffered no worse with Kemo in there.
    Lol, I will say this much - the way some fans and "experts" reacted, you'd think the departure of one guard would spell the doom of the entire franchise.