Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (*) game coming up

Legend

User Info Menu

(*) game coming up

I haven't been following them much, but I'm pretty sure we can walk away with a convincing win:

1) Our D is far better than their O - we will feast on Cassels.
    2) Ben has been born again ... seems like these last two games a light has gone on over his head (like those old cartoons) - "I can be a winning QB by taking what they give me, don't need to force 40 yard passes into double coverage".
    3) The * D is really old, and usually wind up sucking wind by the middle of the 3rd qrtr. We give them a steady dose of sweeps, roll-outs, slants ... throw in one rainbow pass each quarter ... by the 4th qrtr we'll be running FWP or Welde or Bowling Ball up the middle at 4 yards a pop every single gd*mn play, and their D will be just wishing the final whistle would just blow already!

More lucid discussion of the upcoming game is welcome and encouraged!

I am thinking of changing my moniker to "Kool-Aid Kid", but WTF, it's fun!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: (*) game coming up

I really hope Miami gives them all that they can handle tomorrow. I agree with what you say about their old D. I'm glad this game is later in the season so their vets will be more tired,

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I fully expect this to be a very tough game. NE has good solid vets who will not allow this team to totally collapse. I do think that the Steelers will win the game but I don't think we will roll over the *'s, it will come down to which team makes the plays in the 4th quarter.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who is their running back now?
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    The Law Firm...BenJarvis Green-Ellis (a freakin' hysterical nickname, by the way)

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Cassel, SASF, because in their last game, he threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's, plus ran for another 62 yards on 8 carries.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    The Law Firm...BenJarvis Green-Ellis (a freakin' hysterical nickname, by the way)

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Cassel, SASF, because in their last game, he threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's, plus ran for another 62 yards on 8 carries.
    I hear you loud and clear, R-Burgher, and it was against a Jet D that at least so far this week looks pretty stout against the Titties. But Yoda LeBeau has 10 days to work on this, I bet he's working overtime!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

And Cassel follows up that game with 415 yards and 3 TD throws, plus 2 rushes for 14 yards and a rushing TD. First New England QB to ever throw for 400 yards in back-to-back games...Brady has never done that. Let's hold him to less than half that next weekend.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone see Matt Light punching that Dolphins player (Crowder) while he was on the ground?

Ref ended up ejecting both of them, but it should have been only Light who was tossed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Anyone see Matt Light punching that Dolphins player (Crowder) while he was on the ground?

Ref ended up ejecting both of them, but it should have been only Light who was tossed.
    Yeah, saw that...it takes a real man to punch someone in the face repeatedly while you are wearing a helmet but the guy you are punching is helmetless. Crowder was laughing at him afterwards, though. Perhaps Light gets a game suspension next week for this???

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Yeah, saw that...it takes a real man to punch someone in the face repeatedly while you are wearing a helmet but the guy you are punching is helmetless. Crowder was laughing at him afterwards, though. Perhaps Light gets a game suspension next week for this???
    It started with Crowder on the ground. As he was standing up his helmet came off. Light then grabbed him by the hair and was punching him.

I think he should get a one game suspension for sure.

Should I call Goodell? :P