Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: berger?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

berger?

is there any way they can re-sign him if his hamstring gets better in a couple weeks or so? ernster was so awful yesterday, i really hope they arent stuck with him for the remainder of the season

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: berger?

I think and hope that is the plan. With the bad hammy, Berger might have a tough time getting to some of Retkofsky's snaps -- he's been a bit wild. Hopefully, Berger's hamstring recovers soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

That 4th Round draft pick for Sepulveda may not had been such a bad investment as the "know it alls" have indicated. Finding a quality punter appears to be a bit harder than most people want to believe.

Punter is undervaluaed by fans, just like kickers, but they many times have the fate of the game in their hands several times a game. That's more than your #3 receiver is likely to have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    That 4th Round draft pick for Sepulveda may not had been such a bad investment as the "know it alls" have indicated. Finding a quality punter appears to be a bit harder than most people want to believe.

Punter is undervaluaed by fans, just like kickers, but they many times have the fate of the game in their hands several times a game. That's more than your #3 receiver is likely to have.
    thats a very good point. if sep hadnt injured his acl he would be very valuable this season. punters and kickers play forever so if sep turns out to be a good punter which i think he will he will then they will be set with a punter for a long long time

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

thats a very good point. if sep hadnt injured his acl he would be very valuable this season. punters and kickers play forever so if sep turns out to be a good punter which i think he will he will then they will be set with a punter for a long long time
    I said it when we picked Sep. It is never a bad deal when you take someone in Round 4 who will be on your roster for 8-10 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've never complained once about drafting Sepulveda.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Me either...or Spaeth. I remember being on Trib during the draft and the horrid outcry of blasphemy for taking Spaeth. Being in the Big Ten, I had seen him enough to know it was a pretty good investment. He proved pretty valuable yesterday making some nice grabs.

Holy Backup TE Batman. Robin was money yesterday.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1vtjaph0

Me either...or Spaeth. I remember being on Trib during the draft and the horrid outcry of blasphemy for taking Spaeth. Being in the Big Ten, I had seen him enough to know it was a pretty good investment. He proved pretty valuable yesterday making some nice grabs.

Holy Backup TE Batman. Robin was money yesterday.[/quote:1vtjaph0]

Me three. I said last year that the 2007 draft was one of the best we had in years (no coincidence IMO it was the first post Cowher draft). Look at the players who are or have contributed a lot: Timmons, Woodley, Spaeth, Sepulveda and Gay. If you get 5 players every draft who play the roles they are playing you will not have problems. Oh by the way add Russell and Stapleton to that list and it looks even better.

The only issues have been continued misses on DL and OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1f1w8lga

Holy Backup TE Batman. Robin was money yesterday.[/quote:1f1w8lga]

I had both Sepulveda and Spaeth as 5th round picks in my pre-draft mock that year (regular 5th and compensatory 5th), so I was happy to see them both become Steelers even if it was earlier that I would have anticipated. I nailed the Woodley and McBean picks that year (exact round and everything). for Woodley, for McBean. I was still holding out hope for Carriker over Timmons in the first, and I think I wanted Michael Bush in the 3rd, if I recall correctly.
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was all for the Sepulveda pick last year. I don't understand why people just don't get
    how important field position is.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]