Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

  1. #1

    Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Hi All -

    I'm wondering if any of you guys might know shortcuts to make forum life a little easier.

    Like I just learned a few weeks ago that F5 does a refresh. That was great!

    Is there a shortcut to go to the previous/next web page without having to mouse to the top corners of the screen?

    And you know when you want to put a smiley, so you mouse over there, then when you get back to the message box, the post has kind of jumped up to the top, away from where you were typing? Then you have to scroll way down to where you were typing, Any way to get around that?

    And finally, any key we can press to get Ben another 0.8 seconds before the pocket collapses?

    Thanks!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,344

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    And finally, any key we can press to get Ben another 0.8 seconds before the pocket collapses?
    I would recommend just slamming your head against the keyboard in this instance. One of those keys that are crushed by your face is bound to be the right one.


  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  4. #4

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Thanks, MJG, I've got XP though.

    And thanks RBurgher, but I tried that during the last game and it didn't work!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Thanks, MJG, I've got XP though.

    And thanks RBurgher, but I tried that during the last game and it didn't work!
    You can install firefox (and add-ons) on XP. That is what I have.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  6. #6

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Thanks, MJG, I've got XP though.

    And thanks RBurgher, but I tried that during the last game and it didn't work!
    You can install firefox (and add-ons) on XP. That is what I have.
    Thanks, MJG! Is there a way to get my "Favorites" Windows sites over easily, or gotta reset up a folder structure for that?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Thanks, MJG, I've got XP though.

    And thanks RBurgher, but I tried that during the last game and it didn't work!
    You can install firefox (and add-ons) on XP. That is what I have.
    Thanks, MJG! Is there a way to get my "Favorites" Windows sites over easily, or gotta reset up a folder structure for that?
    Firefox will import them from Explorer quite easily.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Thanks, MJG, I've got XP though.

    And thanks RBurgher, but I tried that during the last game and it didn't work!
    You can install firefox (and add-ons) on XP. That is what I have.
    Thanks, MJG! Is there a way to get my "Favorites" Windows sites over easily, or gotta reset up a folder structure for that?
    Firefox will import them from Explorer quite easily.
    Correct. I love Firefox and some of the add ons are quite good especially ad-block. I just wish I could use it at work.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

    Correct. I love Firefox and some of the add ons are quite good especially ad-block. I just wish I could use it at work.
    I'd love to have internet at work.... Rather than blocking certain sites or certain types of sites they just block the whole damn web.

  10. #10

    Re: Basic Computer keyboard skills questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Thanks, MJG, I've got XP though.

    And thanks RBurgher, but I tried that during the last game and it didn't work!
    You can install firefox (and add-ons) on XP. That is what I have.
    OK, I'm on FF here, thanks for your suggestion.

    It'll take a while to get used to it, I've never used anyting but Windows, but for less pop-ups, it'll be worth it.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •