Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodley out?

Backup

User Info Menu

Woodley out?

what gives?
    just came across the ticker on the NFL network.

who's got some info on this?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Woodley out?

That's huge if he is out. Does that mean Harrison moves to Woodley's spot and Timmon's replaces Harrison in his normal spot?

I know he had a calf injury and he didn't practice Friday but I didn't know he was officially ruled out.

Heath Miller is ruled out as well, right?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Official injury report, updated Friday:

Steeler injuries: BMac, Clark, Ben, Fox, Miller.

No word on their status, but Wood isn't mentioned.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe Timmons starts in his position. Now the cutting of Dookie makes some sense. Down one LB so they bring in another one.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Backup

User Info Menu

Harrison moves over to LOLB with Timmons at ROLB.

Go Hawkeyes!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    That's huge if he is out. Does that mean Harrison moves to Woodley's spot and Timmon's replaces Harrison in his normal spot?

I know he had a calf injury and he didn't practice Friday but I didn't know he was officially ruled out.

Heath Miller is ruled out as well, right?
    think so.

we gotta get healthy to make a serious run... now parker might be done for the season and we're dangerously shallow at RB.

there it is, woodley officially inactive on NFL network... damnit!
    we need everyone to step up and play their roles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    we gotta get healthy to make a serious run... now parker might be done for the season and we're dangerously shallow at RB.
    Whats this about Parker may be done for the season! I hadnt heard that...very bad if true. What is the basis for this comment, please do share!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

An injured shoulder will force Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker to miss his fifth game of the past six Sunday as the Steelers play the Indianapolis Colts, and there are questions about when he will play again.

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery. If Parker does play again this season, he will have to wear a shoulder harness.

Parker returned from a four-game layoff after spraining his knee to rush for 71 yards against the Washington Redskins on Monday night but injured the shoulder on a fluke play and did not practice this week.

Parker spent Friday getting a second opinion according to NFL.com, an opinion that will determine Parker's course of action.

The Steelers' depth chart lists Mewelde Moore as their second option at running back, with Gary Russell third.

Najeh Davenport was released Saturday, five weeks after they brought back their former top backup running back following a number of injuries.

Davenport's roster spot was taken by linebacker Donovan Woods, who was taken off the 53-man roster last month but was added to the practice squad. Woods has played on special teams in four games this season.

Davenport, a former Packers player, spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Pittsburgh but was released in June. He was re-signed last month after Parker injured a knee, first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall was lost for the season with a shoulder injury and fullback Carey Davis sprained an ankle.

In two-plus seasons with Pittsburgh, Davenport ran for 768 yards, seven touchdowns and a 4.3 yards per carry average. He also had three touchdowns on pass receptions.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    An injured shoulder will force Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker to miss his fifth game of the past six Sunday as the Steelers play the Indianapolis Colts, and there are questions about when he will play again.

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery. If Parker does play again this season, he will have to wear a shoulder harness.

Parker returned from a four-game layoff after spraining his knee to rush for 71 yards against the Washington Redskins on Monday night but injured the shoulder on a fluke play and did not practice this week.

Parker spent Friday getting a second opinion according to NFL.com, an opinion that will determine Parker's course of action.

The Steelers' depth chart lists Mewelde Moore as their second option at running back, with Gary Russell third.

Najeh Davenport was released Saturday, five weeks after they brought back their former top backup running back following a number of injuries.

Davenport's roster spot was taken by linebacker Donovan Woods, who was taken off the 53-man roster last month but was added to the practice squad. Woods has played on special teams in four games this season.

Davenport, a former Packers player, spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Pittsburgh but was released in June. He was re-signed last month after Parker injured a knee, first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall was lost for the season with a shoulder injury and fullback Carey Davis sprained an ankle.

In two-plus seasons with Pittsburgh, Davenport ran for 768 yards, seven touchdowns and a 4.3 yards per carry average. He also had three touchdowns on pass receptions.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    Thanks for posting, c2k1!

I don't understand letting Davenport go if Parker is so injured?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

For the record, Ocho is playing with a torn labrum as well. I don't think it will be a season ender for FWP.