Thread: Steelers @ Colts 2005 Playoff Game Chat

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers @ Colts 2005 Playoff Game Chat

[url="http://steelerstrong.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=chat"]http://steelerstrong.proboards.com/inde ... ction=chat[/url]

Game is being replayed on NFLN @ 8 Central/9 Eastern.

I'll be there...won't you join me?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers @ Colts 2005 Playoff Game Chat

I'm there now...come on in and let's relive the ups, downs and ups of that great game!

Legend

User Info Menu

TD to ARE...so much fun to watch a quick strike offense with short passes that keep the chains moving!

Come on over to the chat!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks to Iron Sheik and SteelCityRules!! for joining me...a good time was had by all!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What a great football game. I dvr'd it, but ended up watching the end of it anyway. Couple of observations about that game.

1. How quiet the RCA Doma was for that playoff game. I attended the Monday nighter earlier that season where the Steelers got worked over pretty bad, and I have never heard a louder stadium, ever. I am positive they were pumping in crowd noise, but that is all in the past now. In my opinion, it's one of the biggest problems with the new stadium . . . it is soo big, that it is hard for it to get loud, which was a big part of their HFA.
    2. How dominant the Steelers were. From the start of the game, they dominated a very, very good Colts team. But it just goes to show you how one play, in this case a bad call on the TP pick that was later overturned, can turn things around. If the pick stands, and it should have, that game if flat-out over with four minutes left to play. But instead, we had to put up with the TD drive, the Bettis fumble, and nearly losing that game three times (the TD pass that McFadden barely broke up, Ben's shoestring tackle and a possible overtime that I'm convinced would end up with us losing)

I have never been as full of different emotions during a Steeler game (and I get very emotional about Steelers games) and you could make the argument that was our game of th eyear. Even over the Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would of loved to have joined in the fun, but I'm one of those bottom feeders that doesn't have NFLN.

Backup

User Info Menu

I posted this back on the "old board", but for those that didn't see it, it was a very eventful day in our family that day. It just happened that our daughter's Baptism was the same day at 1 PM, so we missed most of the first half. We had a pretty packed house as a result, filled with Steelers fans and two Notre Dame grads who were rooting for the Bus to get a ring. I wish I had on tape our reactions from the last Steelers score, to Bettis' fumble, to the missed field goal. Talk about a complete up and down emotional roller coaster!

I work with a friend of mine originally from Center Township. He said after the Bettis fumble he left the house where he was watching the game, went outside, and didn't say a word for a half hour to anyone. Finally, someone got him and told him the Steelers won. I think he had to see the reply for himself to believe it, and I don't blame him! Just made the SB win even sweeter.
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    [url="http://www.machfive.us"]http://www.machfive.us[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    Would of loved to have joined in the fun, but I'm one of those bottom feeders that doesn't have NFLN.
    The NFL hates you...and your cable company. :P
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    The NFL hates you...and your cable company. :P

I might have to go back to being "AngryAsian" again. :P