Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uhhh WTF? Tomlin talks up Leftwhich, disses ben?

Pro Bowler

Re: Uhhh WTF? Tomlin talks up Leftwhich, disses ben?

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    There was the one 3rd down play mentioned where MM was open in the flat and I was pissed about it, but I still feel if Ben has more check down opportunities he would take advantage.

From what I saw, the offensive pass play calling seemed to change when Lefty went in. I believe if Arians calls those same plays for Ben he is successful running them too.
    If that is true - about the play calling changing - then why the eff doesn't Arians and/or Tomlin realize they should change the friggin' play calling for Ben too?

It could be a combination of factors, I guess. But you can't dispute the fact that Byron gets the ball outta there quickly. Ben is always waiting for the next best thing and recently, the result of that has been a sack or a knock down.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    There was the one 3rd down play mentioned where MM was open in the flat and I was pissed about it, but I still feel if Ben has more check down opportunities he would take advantage.

From what I saw, the offensive pass play calling seemed to change when Lefty went in. I believe if Arians calls those same plays for Ben he is successful running them too.
    If that is true - about the play calling changing - then why the eff doesn't Arians and/or Tomlin realize they should change the friggin' play calling for Ben too?

It could be a combination of factors, I guess. But you can't dispute the fact that Byron gets the ball outta there quickly. Ben is always waiting for the next best thing and recently, the result of that has been a sack or a knock down.
    I agree completely that it's a combination of factors. That's why I mentioned that 3rd down play again. The play calling though, seemed to be different when Lefty was in. I'd like to see them call the game the same with Ben. Dang I miss those days when Ben would quickly flip the ball to someone (usually RB or TE) at the last second and it would go for a nice gain. He just doesn't seem to have those options now. Heck, there was a 3rd and 6 where he took a sack and the replay showed his receivers were all 12-15 yards down field, just making their breaks when he was wrapped up.

Pro Bowler

A healthy Ben gets out and runs for a few first downs.
    Happy feet,injured Ben takes the sack.
    Anyone remember the year of the accident?