Thread: Should Leftwich Start Vs. Indy

Should Leftwich Start Vs. Indy

Warning: This is not a QB controversy thread

Given how well our defense is playing, I think Ben should sit out versus Indy just to rest
    the shoulder. Our defense is awesome, and Leftwich can do enough to score some
    points. We should be able to handle the Colts, get the win, and get Ben some rest
    because we're going to need him in the long run.

Re: Should Leftwich Start Vs. Indy

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Warning: This is not a QB controversy thread

Given how well our defense is playing, I think Ben should sit out versus Indy just to rest
    the shoulder. Our defense is awesome, and Leftwich can do enough to score some
    points. We should be able to handle the Colts, get the win, and get Ben some rest
    because we're going to need him in the long run.
    I couldn't more, if Ben is not 100% get him ther or as close as he can get. The Steelers are going to need him down the stretch and beyond (hopefully). The colts offense looked pedestrian against an average NE defense. Marvin Harrison seemed to be covered a lot, Reggie Watyne made some plays and they had almost no ability to run with any consistency.

Our defense should be able to limit the damage Peyton can do and Leftwich certinaly should be able to move the ball on the Indy defense. They need to get Freeney blocked and they should be fine.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

Another alternative to consider...

A lot depends on the extent of injury to Bens shoulder. Initial indications are that he is bruised but not injured. I go through the same thing every week in my soccer league. Monday I feel like crap but by the next Sunday Im ready and raring to go. This week I think Im skipping Wednesday practice due to a nagging foot issue, but you better believe I will be out there Sunday. I get a sense Ben is in the same boat.

If Ben is insistant on going, perhaps he can get the Steelers started with Lefty keeping warm on the sideline. If he is a little worse off, he could be the emergency QB. If he cant lift his arm over his shoulder, give the guy a break. Just my 20 cents worth...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Yes he should start, not because he's a better option for our team in the long term. He's the better option for us right now as Ben is hurt. Ben needs time to clean out the cobwebs from repeated beat downs. Sometimes when a starter sits they are able to see the field better from the sidelines and think of ways to improve. We are still in marathon mode and not in a race, if this game decided the division/1st round bye/homefield advantage then he needs to play.

6-2 go figure, we were supposed to be 1-7 right now weren't we?

[whisper]I got a feeling...[/whisper]
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Yes Jiga, and double yes Costanza! Ben will also probably sit out all week in practice and then feel better come game time. I got the feeling the O was more in sync with Lefty because they get more reps in practice with him as of late. I think Ben should take the time and heal and let Lefty take the helm temporarily. Ben can always dress and be ready if needed. JMO....

With all the injuries we've sustained this year and still getting quality wins... enough to where all the analysts are picking us as the class of the AFC (along with Tennessee of course)... why not give our pro bowl QB much needed rest. He's surely earned it. The line has caused Ben to get crushed every week (except one) and if his shoulder is ailing again and needs some R&R then give the guy a break. This season has been about the team and depth and insertion of 2nd and 3rd tier players into the mix to get the W. Let him get the rest, we need him later on down the stretch.