Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heath Miller Calf

Legend

User Info Menu

Heath Miller Calf

No, this is not a bovine thread.

They said he got hurt night, I'm not sure he ever played in the 2nd half.

Hope it's nothing too bad, like a tear or something.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Heath Miller Calf

Agreed. He did sit out 2nd half with it iced down. Could be an ankle sprain as I believe they said on tv that xrays were negative

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is the only thing I found:

Steelers: Miller leaves game early

11/03/08 09:41 PM
    THE NEWS
    Tight end Heath Miller left Monday night's game against the Redskins with a sore right ankle. X-rays were negative and his ankle was heavily taped.
    Our View
    Miller may be used in an emergency situation, but it is unlikely he re-enters the game. He has just 240 yards and one touchdown through seven games this season
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

They showed a shot of him with it wrapped in ice standing on the sideline and mentioned that he could play if needed, but, highly unlikely to play any more in last night's game.

I'd like to take this moment to give some, no, actually, a lot of credit to the Steeler front office for the way they do business. The Steelers have 9 players (maybe 10) on IR, 3 starters (Sepulveda, Simmons and Warren), a promising rookie, a specialy teams ace, a solid proven backup quarterback, the starting running back has missed 4 weeks of the season, the starting LT has missed two games now, Kiesel has missed time, Hampton (pro-bowl NT) has missed time, a starting cornerback is out for a few more weeks, the starting FS is out, Ben gets hurt and now the starting TE has issues.

The Steelers are 6-2 folks and lead the AFCN by one game. Lets give the FO some credit for putting together a very deep team that has players ready to step in and fill big shoes when asked to do so. We belabor the point of signing Max Starks to a 7 million dollar contract and completely overlook Mewelde Moore, William Gay, Nick Eason, Chris Hoke, Stapleton, Leftwich, Townsend, Berger, Retkofksy (WTF, this guy was stacking shelves a week ago and was solid last night), etc.

We obsess over one screw up and overlook all the good work that is going on and as I type this response it has come to my attention that Mike Tomlin is not getting adequate credit for having backups prepared to play pivotal roles for the Steelers and not just in spot duty. Parker was down for 4 weeks, Simmons is done for the year, Smith is out indefinitely (I guess), Ben can't return to a critical game that the Steelers are only leading by 4 points, McFadden has missed 2 games, it goes on and on and on...

This Steelers football team is a resilient bunch and it appears that Tomlin refuses to allow the things that he can't control affect what the Steelers do offensively or defensively. I'd like to give the FO and the coaching staff a standing ovation at the halfway point of the season.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Well said Pap. You're right.

Thanks Tomlin.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    They showed a shot of him with it wrapped in ice standing on the sideline and mentioned that he could play if needed, but, highly unlikely to play any more in last night's game.

I'd like to take this moment to give some, no, actually, a lot of credit to the Steeler front office for the way they do business. The Steelers have 9 players (maybe 10) on IR, 3 starters (Sepulveda, Simmons and Warren), a promising rookie, a specialy teams ace, a solid proven backup quarterback, the starting running back has missed 4 weeks of the season, the starting LT has missed two games now, Kiesel has missed time, Hampton (pro-bowl NT) has missed time, a starting cornerback is out for a few more weeks, the starting FS is out, Ben gets hurt and now the starting TE has issues.

The Steelers are 6-2 folks and lead the AFCN by one game. Lets give the FO some credit for putting together a very deep team that has players ready to step in and fill big shoes when asked to do so. We belabor the point of signing Max Starks to a 7 million dollar contract and completely overlook Mewelde Moore, William Gay, Nick Eason, Chris Hoke, Stapleton, Leftwich, Townsend, Berger, Retkofksy (WTF, this guy was stacking shelves a week ago and was solid last night), etc.

We obsess over one screw up and overlook all the good work that is going on and as I type this response it has come to my attention that Mike Tomlin is not getting adequate credit for having backups prepared to play pivotal roles for the Steelers and not just in spot duty. Parker was down for 4 weeks, Simmons is done for the year, Smith is out indefinitely (I guess), Ben can't return to a critical game that the Steelers are only leading by 4 points, McFadden has missed 2 games, it goes on and on and on...

This Steelers football team is a resilient bunch and it appears that Tomlin refuses to allow the things that he can't control affect what the Steelers do offensively or defensively. I'd like to give the FO and the coaching staff a standing ovation at the halfway point of the season.

Pappy

Nicely put, B-fly man. May I suggest you make a thread of its own with the identical post? It will get more deserved exposure there.

We MAY not win the Superbowl this year (1), and not ALL of Tomlin's decisions have been, with the retrospectoscope on "Sensitive" setting, perfect.

But I agree this is the right man for this team. We are playing Steeler football, and that means we are strong emotionally and mentally, as well as physically. Fans who expect perfection in every decision and every play execution, and who expect a perfect season followed by a perfect Superbowl can go follow the Patriots. Oh, sorry, I forgot, they didn't win last year did they?

(1) Having said that, I think we do go all the way this year! I think losing to the G-men last week (a team I respect highly) is kind of like when they lost to the Pats in the last game of the season - showed we can play even with the best in the NFL with at least an even chance of beating anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm just happy that Miller is not our backup long snapper as many TEs are. The idiot Steelers probably did not have a third stringer ready in case something happened to the shelf stocking guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    "The standard of expectation will not change"

-Mike Tomlin
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Uh oh.

Steelers: Miller doubtful for Week 10

11/04/08 12:17 PM
    THE NEWS
    Heath Miller is doubtful for Week 10 after spraining his right ankle during Monday's battle at Washington, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    Our View
    Miller's production has been down this season, as he only hauled in 21 receptions and one touchdown over eight games. Matt Spaeth would likely fill in this weekend against the Colts.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Miller - high ankle sprain: [url="http://kdka.com/steelers/Roethlisberger.injury.MRI.2.856115.html"]http://kdka.com/steelers/Roethlisberger ... 56115.html[/url]