Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Play of the Game....

1. Blocked punt by Frazier...
    2. Long Bomb to Nate...
    3. Moore's dump-pass for big yards...
    4. Something else?...

Thoughts?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Play of the Game....

Blocked punt for sure. Townshend's pick should be up there

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea, I agree, the blocked punt, mostly because we never expect to see one, and it happened at a really important time in the game. It allowed us to open up a bigger lead, and give the defense some breathing room, not that they seem to need it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    2. Long Bomb to Nate...
    4. Something else?...

Thoughts?
    When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of the Moore dump pass, so I'm glad you listed that one. That was on a third and long wasn't it? If so, it has to be one of the top plays because it extended that drive and helped them put the game away.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":7550yc3t
    2. Long Bomb to Nate...
    4. Something else?...

Thoughts?
    When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of the Moore dump pass, so I'm glad you listed that one. That was on a third and long wasn't it? If so, it has to be one of the top plays because it extended that drive and helped them put the game away.[/quote:7550yc3t]

Extension of the drive is so important, and it's what we seem to do when we need to. I guess you can throw in Lefty's completion on third and 14 later in the game to Holmes as well. Of course, the game was not in doubt nearly as much as when the moore dump pass or the blocked punt occurred.

Legend

User Info Menu

Although I LOVED the dump off to Moore, which I've been screaming for all season, I have to vote for the Punt Block. That fired me up and gave me hope. Although the checkdown dumpoff is rare, the blocked punt is more rare! Way to go ST!!!!!!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Blocked punt fo shizzle. Actually, Santonio's 10 yard punt return was great. I think it's the 1st time all year our returner had a double-digit return.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Blocked punt fo shizzle. Actually, Santonio's 10 yard punt return was great. I think it's the 1st time all year our returner had a double-digit return.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with the block punt. It allowed us to grab the lead. But do not forget this play:

(11:22) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep left to 86-H.Ward. PENALTY on WAS-22-C.Rogers, Defensive Pass Interference, 43 yards, enforced at PIT 21 - No Play.

This play took us into Redskins territory for the first time and helped set up our first score. But more than anything it pushed the field position battle in our favor, something which we needed at the time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I agree with the block punt. It allowed us to grab the lead. But do not forget this play:

(11:22) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep left to 86-H.Ward. PENALTY on WAS-22-C.Rogers, Defensive Pass Interference, 43 yards, enforced at PIT 21 - No Play.

This play took us into Redskins territory for the first time and helped set up our first score. But more than anything it pushed the field position battle in our favor, something which we needed at the time.
    Yeah good one. That is an underrated play and you are spot on. The thing that pi$$ed me off about that was that we had more penalty yards just from that play than offensive yards. I was heated in that first half. It was tough to watch.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285