Thread: Baltimore

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Baltimore

Just wondering what everyone opinions on the Ravens are, now that we've completed a pretty good part of the season.

Joe Flacco has actually really impressed me. Sure, our defense got to him, but he really looks poised back there, somewhat like Ben. Right now, Baltimore if the Steelers biggest threat in the division, hands down.

Cincy is really a team in decline right now, and Cleveland looks like they may be missing the boat on their small window of opportunity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Baltimore

Solid D, Oline is better than decent. They may end up winning the division and us out of the playoffs. Just being realistic here. If they lose one LB I don't think they have the depth needed to stay on top. They still have to play the NFC East so we'll see how that goes. They are pretty scary right now. They got lucky with Flacco he looks decent.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Cincy=the Bumgals of every year except 2005

Stains of 2007=Bumgals of 2005; Now they are returning to the cesspool from where they came as we all predicted

Ratbirds are at least competitive but they are good for another 4-5 losses. By the time that Flacco starts to emerge their defense will have ridden of into the sunset and they will stay good but not great.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What you haven't heard? He's today's Troy Aikman...and Ray Rice has just been anointed Emmitt Smith after one nice game (per Rats message board posters)...and they seem to think Clayton can still become Irvin. They've got their triplets and will win the next three super bowls.

Seriously...I see them as a "Fly in the Ointment". They aren't that great but they seem to just be hangin around. I don't like how they are lingering like this...it bothers me.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    What you haven't heard? He's today's Troy Aikman...and Ray Rice has just been anointed Emmitt Smith after one nice game (per Rats message board posters)...and they seem to think Clayton can still become Irvin. They've got their triplets and will win the next three super bowls.

Seriously...I see them as a "Fly in the Ointment". They aren't that great but they seem to just be hangin around. I don't like how they are lingering like this...it bothers me.
    I've said it from Day 1--in the end, the Steelers will win the AFC North by 2 games. I like the little nats flying around for awhile. It keeps us edgey and we play better that way.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

I think that the Steelers will win the AFC North this year and most likely next year. However, I am impressed with this Joe Flacco kid and can see where the Rat Birds will be a force to deal with down the road. To me, this is a good thing, as our division as a whole has not looked good in recent years. We started to make some noise, but the Bngals refused to hold up their end of the bargin. Go figure.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Legend

User Info Menu

Of their 8 remaining games they have to play:

Road:
    Houston
    NYG
    Cincy
    Dallas

Home:
    Philly
    Washington
    Pitts
    Jax

They could end up with 10 wins, but most likely 9.

Of course if we win our games we don't have to worry about what they do.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

Joe Flacco has actually really impressed me. Sure, our defense got to him, but he really looks poised back there, somewhat like Ben.
    I compared him to possibly being like Ben on the "other" board before the season started and got called names.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

Joe Flacco has actually really impressed me. Sure, our defense got to him, but he really looks poised back there, somewhat like Ben.
    I compared him to possibly being like Ben on the "other" board before the season started and got called names.
    Its tough to know what you are going to get from him preseason, but he really does look poised back there. Easily, the Ravens behind Flacco are my worst fear in the division right now and in the forseeable future.