Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the board...Mon night's game

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Question for the board...Mon night's game

Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    Okay, I am in a bit of a dilemma...here's the situation.

So, my fiance and I have tickets to the game Monday night. He's a Bears fan, but will root for the Steelers as long as they're not playing the Bears. This is the first football game we've gone to where the Bears are not playing, and he wants to dress in appropriate Steelers attire to show his support for the team.

My grandmother bought us Steelers jersey's for Christmas last year (I got Hines, he got Ben), and he is planning on wearing his to the game. But, last weekend, since the Bears were not playing, he wore his Ben jersey during the Giants game (first time he's worn it). And look what happened...Ben had one of the worst games of his career! So, I'm a little leary about letting him wear his jersey to this game...

So, I mentioned my concerns about his negative energy affecting Ben's playing, and after he stopped laughing at me being a typical superstitious Steelers fan, he said he'd wear whatever Steelers stuff I wanted him to. So, I've got three options:

A. He wears his Ben jersey
    B. He wears my second Hines jersey (I had one before my Grandma bought us the jersey's for Christmas, and I liked the one she sent better, so I wear it, and have a second). Though process is that my Positive vibes will outweigh his negative energy, and thereby minimize its effect.
    C. Don't let him wear a jersey at all but let him wear my zip up Steelers fleece.

Size is not an issue, as all of my stuff is pretty big and fits him just fine, and none of it is girly, so it's all a matter of preference...

What do you all think???

(Yes, I know I'm crazy, and I really am not a superstitious as all of this sounds, but you can't be too careful... )
    Being that he's the Bears fan, he plays no role as far as a jinx or superstition goes. The question is what are you wearing? Because you are the obvious cause of this loss and you are trying to get out of it by blaming your SO. Typical woman!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll be switching from my home black Hines to my away white Santonio for MNF. If things get bad, though, I'll have to go back to my ratty old vintage Greg Lloyd jersey next week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How do you know it was the jersey and not socks or underwear or something? I've been wearing the same Jersey for 5 years now. I figure that since it's a Steelers jersey it can't possibly be bad luck.

I think you need to examine the non-Steeler gear involved here...

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    Okay, I am in a bit of a dilemma...here's the situation.

So, my fiance and I have tickets to the game Monday night. He's a Bears fan, but will root for the Steelers as long as they're not playing the Bears. This is the first football game we've gone to where the Bears are not playing, and he wants to dress in appropriate Steelers attire to show his support for the team.

My grandmother bought us Steelers jersey's for Christmas last year (I got Hines, he got Ben), and he is planning on wearing his to the game. But, last weekend, since the Bears were not playing, he wore his Ben jersey during the Giants game (first time he's worn it). And look what happened...Ben had one of the worst games of his career! So, I'm a little leary about letting him wear his jersey to this game...

So, I mentioned my concerns about his negative energy affecting Ben's playing, and after he stopped laughing at me being a typical superstitious Steelers fan, he said he'd wear whatever Steelers stuff I wanted him to. So, I've got three options:

A. He wears his Ben jersey
    B. He wears my second Hines jersey (I had one before my Grandma bought us the jersey's for Christmas, and I liked the one she sent better, so I wear it, and have a second). Though process is that my Positive vibes will outweigh his negative energy, and thereby minimize its effect.
    C. Don't let him wear a jersey at all but let him wear my zip up Steelers fleece.

Size is not an issue, as all of my stuff is pretty big and fits him just fine, and none of it is girly, so it's all a matter of preference...

What do you all think???

(Yes, I know I'm crazy, and I really am not a superstitious as all of this sounds, but you can't be too careful... )
    Being that he's the Bears fan, he plays no role as far as a jinx or superstition goes. The question is what are you wearing? Because you are the obvious cause of this loss and you are trying to get out of it by blaming your SO. Typical woman!
    But it's so much more fun to blame it on him!!!

Hey, at least he tolerates my irrationality when it comes to the Steelers. He laughs at me, but he tolerates it...Now, if I were to tell him that he was bad luck and couldn't go to the game...well, that wouldn't be tolerated so well!

Starter

User Info Menu

i wore my Big Ben jersey until half time of the Giants game then i changed to my 75th anniversary Big Ben hoping for some good juju. nada. I say switch off the Ben this week....i am going with Rod Woodson for some EXTRA good juju.

Legend

User Info Menu

He should wear the jersey that was given to him as a gift.

Superstitions are silly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'll be switching from my home black Hines to my away white Santonio for MNF. If things get bad, though, I'll have to go back to my ratty old vintage Greg Lloyd jersey next week.

This might not be the case. At times, the Redskins have been known to where their crimson jerseys or their traditional white jerseys... if they where the white ones, then that puts our boys in our home black jerseys, which gives us extra added mojo. To tell you the truth, what damned us last week against the G-men is none of the posters that have posted in this thread thus far or any of their antics. It was the fact that they wore the throwbacks for the third time this year, something that they only did twice last year. I guess the 3rd times a charm mojo was not in flux.

My suggestion: A double dose of Hines jerseys should give our team extra added juice for the game. How could you not proliferate the jersey of the best looking guy on the team. Little known factoid: Hines was created from the same Asian sweat shop that produced me. He was a more recent model, with an African-American upgrade DNA splice... but as you can see in the picture below, the good looks still resonate throughout all the models.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    It was the fact that they wore the throwbacks for the third time this year, something that they only did twice last year. I guess the 3rd times a charm mojo was not in flux.
    I believe the throwbacks were used twice last year (the season opener and on MNF vs. the Ravens) and twice this year (on MNF vs. the Ravens again and this last game against the Giants).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    It was the fact that they wore the throwbacks for the third time this year, something that they only did twice last year. I guess the 3rd times a charm mojo was not in flux.
    I believe the throwbacks were used twice last year (the season opener and on MNF vs. the Ravens) and twice this year (on MNF vs. the Ravens again and this last game against the Giants).

I thought we wore them at the Browns game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    He should wear the jersey that was given to him as a gift.

Superstitions are silly.
    F that. If I go out of character and tradition, and the steelers lose, I hold myself personally responsible, because, you know, I don't KNOW for a fact that I didn't cause it to happen. No chances, bro. No chances. Ditch the Ben jersey. There are plenty of good things that you can do, let someone else wear it, get it autographed and frame it, etc. But don't ever let him wear it on gameday unless want to train some good juju on it by letting him wear it during the preseason. Break it in.