Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21-20 and a conversion to go...

Starter

Re: 21-20 and a conversion to go...

I bust out some trickeration w/ Denis Dixon lined up as slot reciever or RB. They've never seen him in a game... no one knows what to expect.

(This is of course provided that the play has been practiced).

But with no long snapper (LONG SNAPPAH!!! IS VERY GOOD FISH!!!), you gotta go for two...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Of course, with my scenario, Reed probably slips on the turf and kicks Ben in the right hand, breaking it, and sending him to the IR. That's the way things have been going this season.

You forgot that read rips his hamstring and is also out on IR.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Knowing a bad snap was basically a guranteed safety the Steelers sent Harrison out to snap. Clearly they thought he was the best option or someone else would have been out there.

You absolutely have to go for the 2. At least you have a chance (no matter how small a percentage) to win the game, whereas another bad snap is an automatic loss.
    I wonder if Dennis Dixon can hold snaps? And would he be permitted to as the emergency, 3rd string QB. Because that would give us a lot of cool fake FG options (or in this case a option for making something happen even if a bad snap).
    I think the only way an emergency QB can take the field is if the first two are unable to due to injury.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I bust out some trickeration w/ Denis Dixon lined up as slot reciever or RB. They've never seen him in a game... no one knows what to expect.

(This is of course provided that the play has been practiced).

But with no long snapper (LONG SNAPPAH!!! IS VERY GOOD FISH!!!), you gotta go for two...
    Are my eyes deceiving me, or did you just make a UHF reference?

It's like playing the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game going from Greg Warren to Weird Al Yankovic.

Wheel...of...FISH!!!

Well being that I have long snapped for Punt PAT and field goals for most of my life, I know that the PAT/field goal snap is pretty easy as compared to the punt. There isn't really a chance of screwing up your trajectory because it is so short. If Harrison and Farrior have both long snapped before, (which they have), I would have no worries about the snap for a PAT.

That being said, I like our chances going for 2 from 3 yards out with Hines and Heath and Spaeth. I would play action, roll left, (because they would expect him to roll right) then have Spaeth release from the left side to the far right corner after a quick chipblock, Heath release from the right between the LBers, and Hines run a curl on the left side and find open space, if everyone is covered he could run it in himself.

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Well being that I have long snapped for Punt PAT and field goals for most of my life, I know that the PAT/field goal snap is pretty easy as compared to the punt. There isn't really a chance of screwing up your trajectory because it is so short. If Harrison and Farrior have both long snapped before, (which they have), I would have no worries about the snap for a PAT.

That being said, I like our chances going for 2 from 3 yards out with Hines and Heath and Spaeth. I would play action, roll left, (because they would expect him to roll right) then have Spaeth release from the left side to the far right corner after a quick chipblock, Heath release from the right between the LBers, and Hines run a curl on the left side and find open space, if everyone is covered he could run it in himself.
    Who are these two players that are highlighted in red? And, do they play for the Steelers?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel

Who are these two players that are highlighted in red? And, do they play for the Steelers?

Pappy
    Touche