Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not fazed about this game

Backup

User Info Menu

Not fazed about this game

Honestly, with the players that we had missing from this game, I did not expect much. This game could've went either way, and I think with a few guys healthy/active it would've be different.

I think we all saw the value of Santonio today, as our receivers had a tough time getting open, which lead to much of the offensive struggles in the 4th quarter.

Tough game, gives the team something to look at and build on. Luckily it was against an NFC opponent, and we showed we could hang with them while missing several key players.

This game doesn't mean a whole lot in the long run. Power rankings are something for websites to get clicks with and mean nothing. I look for this team to bounce back next week against the skins.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Not fazed about this game

I agree.This nothing to get all geeked up about. I do think that there were some mistakes made, and that the team should go about learning from those mistakes.

The frustrating thing is that those mistakes seem to be the same ones the team always makes...

Legend

User Info Menu

The frustrating thing is having them on the ropes despite missing key players, losing more players in the game and then ultimately losing the game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The frustrating thing is having them on the ropes despite missing key players, losing more players in the game and then ultimately losing the game.
    Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, I'm in an absolutely terrible mood right now, the Steelers losing ruins my week.

At the same time, I'm not going to write off this team just yet. I know that a lot of people (especially over at the Trib board) will say that we're pretty much screwed for the rest of the year. I still believe this team can win a Super Bowl despite our weaknesses.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    I still believe this team can win a Super Bowl despite our weaknesses.
    That's what pisses me off the most.

This team has more talent than most around the league.

But week after week we squander it with bad offensive playcalling.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm with ya on this with one caveat. Those weaknesses will completely derail the season unless the are addressed in one way or another. As it stands now, once a team figures out a way to consistently get pressure against the current game plan, all hope is lost. The second the Giants got pressure, AND the play calling didn't change to quicker hitting plays, I knew the game was as good as over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, I'm in an absolutely terrible mood right now, the Steelers losing ruins my week.

At the same time, I'm not going to write off this team just yet. I know that a lot of people (especially over at the Trib board) will say that we're pretty much screwed for the rest of the year. I still believe this team can win a Super Bowl despite our weaknesses.
    I know what you're saying...I was just adding my POV on what was frustrating about today.

We get some people healthy and use more no huddle (take Arians out of the play calling equation) I think we'll be ok. I honestly don't see anyone in the AFC I really fear.

I am really concerned about Ryan Clark...he was in a sling. And Warren too. Funny how you don't even think about a long snapper until you lose one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I'm with ya on this with one caveat. Those weaknesses will completely derail the season unless the are addressed in one way or another. As it stands now, once a team figures out a way to consistently get pressure against the current game plan, all hope is lost. The second the Giants got pressure, AND the play calling didn't change to quicker hitting plays, I knew the game was as good as over.
    I'm not great at remembering everything from the game, but didn't we call three or four slants at the end of the game? The first ones worked, and when we needed them in the end they didn't, but I think we did call those quicker plays?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I'm not great at remembering everything from the game, but didn't we call three or four slants at the end of the game? The first ones worked, and when we needed them in the end they didn't, but I think we did call those quicker plays?
    There were two or three to Sweed. But at that point in time you're just trying to put the milk back in the bottle. I think they should've been calling those plays at the beginning of the 4th quarter when the offense began to sag and the pressure started to ratchet up some.

Zigs

There were many factors that led to this loss, but I think if Holmes plays in this game we win even with the play calling.