Thread: Tyson Jackson - Fraud

Hall of Famer

Tyson Jackson - Fraud

Tyson Jackson was considered one of the top two or three d-lineman in the NCAA this year. I've watched him very closely as his skill set and size could make him a candidate for the 3-4 end.

I think he'd be a poor fit for the Steelers because he often takes plays off, gets blown off the ball by a single OT, and, when he does get penetration, can be neutralized by fullbacks and larger blocking backs. He is athletic and sometimes looks like a game changer as he chases plays from behind or sifts through trash to make a tackle. But, I'd be disappointed if we wasted a 1st round pick on him. Hopefully, he'll be gone before we pick.

Other opinions?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

Re: Tyson Jackson - Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Tyson Jackson was considered one of the top two or three d-lineman in the NCAA this year. I've watched him very closely as his skill set and size could make him a candidate for the 3-4 end.

I think he'd be a poor fit for the Steelers because he often takes plays off, gets blown off the ball by a single OT, and, when he does get penetration, can be neutralized by fullbacks and larger blocking backs. He is athletic and sometimes looks like a game changer as he chases plays from behind or sifts through trash to make a tackle. But, I'd be disappointed if we wasted a 1st round pick on him. Hopefully, he'll be gone before we pick.

Other opinions?
    As much as I hate to admit it......maybe Oveido is right.......maybe we should look at moving to the 4-3 sooner rather than later. It seems increasingly more difficult for the team to find quality DL upfront in the 3-4. I don't wanna see it happen but I think my man might be right out of necessity alone.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>