Thread: Tyson Jackson - Fraud

Hall of Famer

Tyson Jackson - Fraud

Tyson Jackson was considered one of the top two or three d-lineman in the NCAA this year. I've watched him very closely as his skill set and size could make him a candidate for the 3-4 end.

I think he'd be a poor fit for the Steelers because he often takes plays off, gets blown off the ball by a single OT, and, when he does get penetration, can be neutralized by fullbacks and larger blocking backs. He is athletic and sometimes looks like a game changer as he chases plays from behind or sifts through trash to make a tackle. But, I'd be disappointed if we wasted a 1st round pick on him. Hopefully, he'll be gone before we pick.

Other opinions?
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Pro Bowler

Re: Tyson Jackson - Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Tyson Jackson was considered one of the top two or three d-lineman in the NCAA this year. I've watched him very closely as his skill set and size could make him a candidate for the 3-4 end.

I think he'd be a poor fit for the Steelers because he often takes plays off, gets blown off the ball by a single OT, and, when he does get penetration, can be neutralized by fullbacks and larger blocking backs. He is athletic and sometimes looks like a game changer as he chases plays from behind or sifts through trash to make a tackle. But, I'd be disappointed if we wasted a 1st round pick on him. Hopefully, he'll be gone before we pick.

Other opinions?
    As much as I hate to admit it......maybe Oveido is right.......maybe we should look at moving to the 4-3 sooner rather than later. It seems increasingly more difficult for the team to find quality DL upfront in the 3-4. I don't wanna see it happen but I think my man might be right out of necessity alone.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>