Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Santonio deactivated Sunday

Pro Bowler

Re: Santonio deactivated Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I applaud my brothers who support this Tomlin/FO maneuver with regard to Santonio. We don't wait to be policed by the NFL... that's what sets this franchise apart from others. Awesome for the Steelers and the right message to send to not only the team but to the league that we just won't tolerate that kind of Cincinnati behavior. Bonehead move on Santonio's behalf and heroic move on Tomlin's part.

great post AS. I think Tomlin did the right thing, get the distraction over with immediately and go on with your business.
    Wining tomorrow makes the message that much stronger!!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
    I bet it was the Rooney's who told Coach T to deactivate him. The Rooney's are known for doing stuff like this. When they know the player is at fault, they do a quick deactivation and supply the info to the NFL and await their suggestions and then punishment for the player. SH made a big mistake, no matter what your feelings are on pot, the law now says it is illegal, so the laws apply. We may have just been dealt a severe blow to our receiving corps. Nate is no SH, and will not provide the highlight reel material SH is known for. This just further shows how bad our team is getting depth wise. We are hurting in many areas. 8-8 may have been to nice, 6-10 looks more realistic now.
    What team are you watching? This team has serious problems with depth huh? Okay....I guess getting wins the last three weeks with backups scattered all over the field didn't count, and please don't tell me about how the team hasn't played anybody either because you play who is on the schedule. This team has solid depth all over the team, probably more depth than just about any team in the league. I know....I know, you're going to talk about the OL and DL. Give it a rest! The team is 5-1 and now they will only get 6 wins? Laughable just laughable!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

We will be OK without Holmes.

I'm sure many of you will recall the Steeler game last year against the Seahawks when we were without Santonio & Hines Wards.

Ben was 18-22 for 206 yds and a TD.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i think its a stupid move. he should of waited for a decision from the nfl before doing anything. i like the discipline and i respect and like tomlin a lot but its not fair. if harrison doesnt get any punishment, neither should smokey
    We are the Steelers not the Bumgals or Ratbirds. We don't need the NFL to tell us right from wrong. This is about team discipline and standards not NFL rules.

I support Tomlin 110% on this one.

Sanantonio, sucks 2 B U...
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

I applaud my brothers who support this Tomlin/FO maneuver with regard to Santonio. We don't wait to be policed by the NFL... that's what sets this franchise apart from others.

Awesome for the Steelers and the right message to send to not only the team but to the league that we just won't tolerate that kind of Cincinnati behavior.

Bonehead move on Santonio's behalf and heroic move on Tomlin's part.
    Yeah, exactly!!!

Or Clowns behavior, where the team excuses the behavior of a player berating a team official with a profanity laced tirade.

The Steelers are a team. The rest of the league is just a bunch of individuals who are > than their "teams"
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    I applaud my brothers who support this Tomlin/FO maneuver with regard to Santonio. We don't wait to be policed by the NFL... that's what sets this franchise apart from others.

Awesome for the Steelers and the right message to send to not only the team but to the league that we just won't tolerate that kind of Cincinnati behavior.

Bonehead move on Santonio's behalf and heroic move on Tomlin's part.
    Yeah, exactly!!!

Or Clowns behavior, where the team excuses the behavior of a player berating a team official with a profanity laced tirade.

The Steelers are a team. The rest of the league is just a bunch of individuals who are > than their "teams"

PLAX is the most shining example of the typical "me first" attitude. I'm glad this cancer is no longer on our team.