Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Santonio deactivated Sunday

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Santonio deactivated Sunday

I applaud my brothers who support this Tomlin/FO maneuver with regard to Santonio. We don't wait to be policed by the NFL... that's what sets this franchise apart from others. Awesome for the Steelers and the right message to send to not only the team but to the league that we just won't tolerate that kind of Cincinnati behavior. Bonehead move on Santonio's behalf and heroic move on Tomlin's part.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As I thought more about it, I did come to realize that it was probably a good thing to do from as distraction perspective. And if Santonio did man up to it, then there wouldn't be the innocent untll guilty issue
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Dale Lolly's comments:

Blogger Dale Lolley said...

I wasn't in Pittsburgh today, so I won't know if Smith practiced until after they're done. I would assume he's back and will play.
    Holmes has been suspended by the team for the game. Nate Washington will start against the Giants.
    I doubt they'll activate a DB. No need.
    As for Russell, it's going to depend on Willie Parker's status.
    He looks like a career backup to me, but you never.
    that is good news about smith. im sure its just personal issues, which isnt good either. what is that suppose to mean russell looks like a career backup? the guy is a second year player. ive been impressed with him

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I bet it was the Rooney's who told Coach T to deactivate him. The Rooney's are known for doing stuff like this. When they know the player is at fault, they do a quick deactivation and supply the info to the NFL and await their suggestions and then punishment for the player. SH made a big mistake, no matter what your feelings are on pot, the law now says it is illegal, so the laws apply. We may have just been dealt a severe blow to our receiving corps. Nate is no SH, and will not provide the highlight reel material SH is known for. This just further shows how bad our team is getting depth wise. We are hurting in many areas. 8-8 may have been to nice, 6-10 looks more realistic now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
    I bet it was the Rooney's who told Coach T to deactivate him. The Rooney's are known for doing stuff like this. When they know the player is at fault, they do a quick deactivation and supply the info to the NFL and await their suggestions and then punishment for the player. SH made a big mistake, no matter what your feelings are on pot, the law now says it is illegal, so the laws apply. We may have just been dealt a severe blow to our receiving corps. Nate is no SH, and will not provide the highlight reel material SH is known for. This just further shows how bad our team is getting depth wise. We are hurting in many areas. 8-8 may have been to nice, 6-10 looks more realistic now.
    haha they already have 5 wins!!! how would they possibly go 6-10? even 8-8 would be hard seeing as they would only win 3 more games

Backup

User Info Menu

While I applaud coach Tomlin for deactivating him from the game tomorrow , all this shows to me is the selfishness of Santonio Holmes.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought the fan base, the ones that enjoy it when our team/organization fails, said Tomlin doesn't hold his players accountable? Sure seems like he does to me.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Every time you post a prediction, a puppy dies.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Every time you post a prediction, a puppy dies.

[youtube:ajqbmwne]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYm_iBxtbX0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYm_iBxtbX0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:ajqbmwne]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I applaud my brothers who support this Tomlin/FO maneuver with regard to Santonio. We don't wait to be policed by the NFL... that's what sets this franchise apart from others. Awesome for the Steelers and the right message to send to not only the team but to the league that we just won't tolerate that kind of Cincinnati behavior. Bonehead move on Santonio's behalf and heroic move on Tomlin's part.

great post AS. I think Tomlin did the right thing, get the distraction over with immediately and go on with your business.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.