Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Santonio deactivated Sunday

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Santonio deactivated Sunday

Just got a text from KDKA. He'll sit at least Sunday. This hurts. Dumbass. I actually applaud Tomlin and the coaches for sitting his rear end down.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

Re: Santonio deactivated Sunday

Good. If we lose he can carry that on his back all season.

This is what differenciates us from the Bumgals.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

i think its a stupid move. he should of waited for a decision from the nfl before doing anything. i like the discipline and i respect and like tomlin a lot but its not fair. if harrison doesnt get any punishment, neither should smokey

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Maybe he'll avoid the one game suspension now. At any rate, I like the move by Coach T. Turdio has got to know better.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i think its a stupid move. he should of waited for a decision from the nfl before doing anything. i like the discipline and i respect and like tomlin a lot but its not fair. if harrison doesnt get any punishment, neither should smokey
    We are the Steelers not the Bumgals or Ratbirds. We don't need the NFL to tell us right from wrong. This is about team discipline and standards not NFL rules.

I support Tomlin 110% on this one.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    We are the Steelers not the Bumgals or Ratbirds. We don't need the NFL to tell us right from wrong. This is about team discipline and standards not NFL rules.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    We are the Steelers. We don't need the NFL to tell us right from wrong. This is about team discipline and standards not NFL rules.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Tomlin is a player coach but he puts his foot down when he has to. He did the same thing, well similar anyway, with Casey in the summer. It's a team responsibility thing. Be accountable to your teammates, be accountable for yourself. Santonio let his team down, he doesn't deserve to play.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

I say punish him like the father punished the son in Brewsters Millions (regular cigars).

Lock Santonio in a closet with a box full of weed and don't let him come out 'till he smokes
    it all. On second though, with Santonio, that's probably not a good idea.

Starter

while this pisses me off- to no end...

it is the right thing to do.

Holmes let his teammates down. he was irresponsible - by deactivating Holmes for this game, Tomlin is letting the team know that-

A. No player is above the TEAM
    B. He supports the team and the players

i think that handling it this way probably makes Holmes feel much more responsible for his actions and their affect upon the team, than if the league suspended him.

Also, by taking this action- Tomlin is in essence saying - we/the steelers would rather deal with this situation on our terms, than wait for the league to do it at their convenience.

The league could allow this to play out until the 'crime' is actually processed in the legal system, which could be months from now.

Also, I would bet that, not only is holmes being benched- but he is being fined by the team as well. (likely- less than a game's check- but a fine none the less.)

Steely76

I know! He should've just explained he was toking on a doobie to celebrate his son's baptism and Mr. Rooney would've exonerated him.