Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Santonio found with weed

Santonio found with weed

http://www.wpxi.com/news/17791739/detail.html

Steeler Santonio Holmes Accused Of Marijuana Possession
    Drugs Found During Traffic Stop
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 – updated: 10:52 pm EDT October 23, 2008

PITTSBURGH -- Police cited Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes on charges of marijuana possession Thursday afternoon.
    Pittsburgh police said Holmes was driving a SUV with out-of-state license plates near Mellon Arena. The vehicle matched the description of one linked to a crime, so officers made an investigatory stop.
    “When they pulled him over, they found there was a smell of burnt marijuana in the vehicle," said Sgt. James Vogel. “Mr. Holmes was very cooperative with officers and turned over some items to us and was subsequently summoned for those items...a couple of marijuana blunts.”
    Police said Holmes turned over three marijuana cigars. Officers charged Holmes with one misdemeanor count of possession of a small amount of marijuana. Holmes was given a summons to court and released.
    Vogel said Holmes was very cooperative, respectful and wasn’t impaired. He thinks that should be taken into account when it comes to any potential action taken against him by the Steelers and the NFL.
    “We wouldn't expect a steelworker to be laid off or suspended without pay,” said Vogel. “I wouldn't expect a police officer, firefighter or a member of the Steelers.”
    The Steelers did not have any comment.
    The NFL policy for substance abuse says for a first violation, the NFL could fine and suspend a player without pay for up to four regular games or six games for a second violation.
    Copyright 2008 by WPXI.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Pro Bowler

Re: Santonio found with weed

OMG.......

Are you kidding me? This is rediculous.......not now Santonio!!! Geez, like the team needs to deal with this right now. This is not a good thing!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Ok, so this isn't on the front page of wpxi's sports website and no other news outlet is reporting it, so I wonder if this actually happened.

dumb ass
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

This is not good. I don't think it would be immediate, but I think the league stance on this is a four game suspension plus voluntary admission to a drug treatment program. What a terrible time to have this happen. The Matt Jones (Jags) cocaine-thing happened pre-season, and he's only now serving his suspension, so I hope, if things are going down this road, we need him gone as soon as possible so we have Santonio for the post season. This blows.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    This is not good. I don't think it would be immediate, but I think the league stance on this is a four game suspension plus voluntary admission to a drug treatment program. What a terrible time to have this happen. The Matt Jones (Jags) cocaine-thing happened pre-season, and he's only now serving his suspension, so I hope, if things are going down this road, we need him gone as soon as possible so we have Santonio for the post season. This blows.
    I agree brother.....but Kevin Faulk was busted with two joints at a concert in the offseason and he only recieved a game suspension. If this is truly his first problem with the NFL drug program maybe he will just get a slap on the wrist. Heck, Nick Kaczur was busted with 250 Oxicoton's and he is still playing. There is hope.....all though Santonio is what Cos said.........a dumba$$!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I agree brother.....but Kevin Faulk was busted with two joints at a concert in the offseason and he only recieved a game suspension. If this is truly his first problem with the NFL drug program maybe he will just get a slap on the wrist. Heck, Nick Kaczur was busted with 250 Oxicoton's and he is still playing. There is hope.....all though Santonio is what Cos said.........a dumba$$!

That gives me a little bit of relief. But with the way the league seems to have been targetting Steeler players lately, things like this really spook me. The whole team is really playing inspired ball lately... don't want to lose that mojo.

Hall of Famer

Hint to all Steelers...DO NOT POSSESS YOUR WEED IN PUBLIC! It is just itching to be found. I bet that Tomlin will be more angry than Goodell for blowing up our 'mojo'. If the NFL doesnt suspend him, I think Tomlin should 1 game just because. I know its just weed but...We are on a focused march to the Super Bowl and any distraction needs to be addressed. I bet Hines Ward is pretty pissed as well...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

No double standard--I hope the league suspends "Stupidio's" a$$. Get Willie Reid off of the Eagles PS or get Sweed into games.

I guess we have to add WR to the list of necessary positions because we won't be resigning Holmes when his contract is up if he is this stupid and unreliable.

It's possible that Nate Washington just made himself a bunch of money and the Steelers will seriously need to consider resigning him because of "Stupidio"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!