Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Host

Administrator

User Info Menu

New Host

Last weeks post are not available at this time. Reason being, I was not able to export last weeks information from the database for some reason so I used to last bakcup I had which was from a few days prior. A small issue to have in order to get this website back up and running

We are now officially on a new hosting platform starting today
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: New Host

Great news!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thank you for doing all you do to give us this forum.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Small price to pay, I was probably just ranting about something insignificant anyway...

Thanks for the new host J, it seems wicked fast.

Maybe now we can call everyone back in and have this board be the focus of Steeler Nation so that I don't have to keep an eye on 7,197 message boards....

Thanks again!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Site is jammin' now! Thanks for the heads up. Hope we have better luck with the service provider.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yay!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Yay!!!
    Now that I've seen your picture I have to say you don't strike me as a "yay" kind of guy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Yay!!!
    Now that I've seen your picture I have to say you don't strike me as a "yay" kind of guy.
    I could give a HHH "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

if that would make you feel better.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Administrator

User Info Menu

All,

I agree -- I think a lot of people moved to the temporary board during the tough couple weeks for Planet Steelers. I suspect that most people will move back to this site and we'll see posts significantly increase within the next few days to week. This site provides some of the best functionality that I've seen compared to the other sites out there.

I moved to a more reliable we host. This new web host indicated that I will probably have to upgrade to one of their VPS options in the future because of how much traffic this site gets. They offer much better support and turnaround time on issues which is GREAT. The costs are also significantly higher for this web host. However, as I found out... there are several hundreds of hosts out there that offer "cheap" packages. While these hosts are good for smaller sites, even they admit that they can't support a site of this caliber on a shared platform and most of these "cheaper" hosts don't have the expertise or hardware to support a VPS or dedicated server.

Additionally, this new web host offers a clear upgrade path for Planet Steelers. Right now, were are on their highest shared hosting plan which is about 5 times more expensive than the "cheaper hosts". Then, the next path once we exceed the shared account restrictions is a VPS. After we exceed a VPS, a dedicated server is required. Costs double to triple for VPS'. Then they double, triple, or could even quadruple when a dedicated server is involved.

Although some of this information may be "hard to digest" because it is technical....I just want to let you all know that Planet Steelers has a PLAN and clear DIRECTION. This site is in it for the LONG HAUL!

Thanks,

John
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Right on John!!!

I'm an admitted addict. No need for recovery, because the addiction is sooooo good. There's a good thing going here, so I plan on being here.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!