Thread: Bengals player kisses coach!?!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bengals player kisses coach!?!

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I miss seeing Cowher's old mug on the sidelines...it kinda saddens me.
    I miss his passion for the game and the Steelers.

Pappy
    Count me in Pappy. But I really like that same fire, albeit displayed in a different way, out of Coach Tomlin.
    i dont miss cowher in the least. im extremely happy with tomlin who has just as much passion only he doesnt have to spit and act like a person with tourettes to let it be known
    I agree. Cowher's act got old and lets face it, it became an act. Early on it was natural enthusiasm, but then he knew exactly when the cameras were on him. It was Bill marketing Bill and creating a media persona.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

i dont miss cowher in the least. im extremely happy with tomlin who has just as much passion only he doesnt have to spit and act like a person with tourettes to let it be known
    I agree. Cowher's act got old and lets face it, it became an act. Early on it was natural enthusiasm, but then he knew exactly when the cameras were on him. It was Bill marketing Bill and creating a media persona.

I don't see it as a marketing ploy, but Bill really knew how to maintain "The Chin" mystique. As for Tomlin, don't get me wrong, I like what I see thus far, but I think with a couple of more games where he "adjusts" and turn a possible loss to a win, I might have more respect for the coaching skills. Hell, I would love to see more game plans actually made in practice, executed and translate into offensive beatings by Ben and Co.... we've had one game like that... against a now 0-4 team. This is not a complaint, just an observation that I'd like to see one game with production... decisive production.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I miss seeing Cowher's old mug on the sidelines...it kinda saddens me.
    I miss his passion for the game and the Steelers.

Pappy
    Count me in Pappy. But I really like that same fire, albeit displayed in a different way, out of Coach Tomlin.
    Double agree

Anyway, I loved Cowher when he was here but I don't think I can ever get over the '06 season. He quit on us. Don't you guys remember that?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I do agree with you rmpit. Everytime the camera panned to Cowher on the sidelines that year, he looked like he was dropped off in a foreign country and had $.25 to his name.

I do miss the old Cowher, but I still wouldn't trade Tomlin for him. Tomlin has fire.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

one thing im very happy with tomlin this season is the st's. they have improved a lot. how many years did the st's suck under cowher?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cowher was great when he was here. He did alot of good things for the organization and brought the team a 5th SB, but.........it was time for a change. The man had lost his fire after the SB win and was ready to go in another direction with his life.

As for Mikey T, I really like the guy. He has alot of passion on the sidelines and seems to be growing into his position this year. The guy is a players coach with an edge of discipline. He is not afraid to tell someone that they are doing wrong ie. Casey Hampton but he will always stand behind his players. Does he still make mistakes? Sure......I'm sure the Emperor made mistakes too, and I am sure that fans like me and some others on here would have been on his case too, especially 69-71! I am very interested to see what happens when Mike is trusted enough to hire his own staff. From what I have heard from others around the league, Mike has made a real good impression with alot of folks. I think he will continue the legendary run the Steelers have had at HC.

Now if we could just get a GM to go with him! That one was for you Benny!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>